CC to spend 20 million on Papal Visit - Would that money not be better spent on fighting abortion?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Sadly, it looks like the Pope will arrive too late to influence the abortion referendum. The Gombeen Régime made sure to get their dirty referendum in before His Holiness arrives in August. That being the case, his visit really won't serve any much purpose. If the Catholic Church in Ireland can get hold of 20 million euro, should it not be spending the money on defeating infanticide? Or could it be that these wealthy doners wouldn't give money to defeat abortion? These days, our a la carte Catholics are as likely to be in favour of mass child murder and homosexual "marriage" as not.

The Church is asking for donations to help pay for the Pope's visit to Ireland

Last edited:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
Sadly, it looks like the Pope will arrive too late to influence the abortion referendum. The Gombeen Régime made sure to get their dirty referendum in before His Holiness arrives in August. That being the case, his visit really won't serve any much purpose. If the Catholic Church in Ireland can get hold of 20 million euro, should it not be spending the money on defeating infanticide? Or could it be that these wealthy doners wouldn't give money to defeat abortion? These days, our a la carte Catholics are as likely to be in favour of mass child murder and homosexual "marraige" as not.

I'm sure the Tánaiste and Papal Nuncio sat down and had a heart-to-heart and both agreed it would be better if Francis showed up after the referendum, so as not to trigger the pro-death crew and give the perception that the Vatican actually gave a damn.

Sadly, it looks like the Pope will arrive too late to influence the abortion referendum. The Gombeen Régime made sure to get their dirty referendum in before His Holiness arrives in August. That being the case, his visit really won't serve any much purpose. If the Catholic Church in Ireland can get hold of 20 million euro, should it not be spending the money on defeating infanticide? Or could it be that these wealthy doners wouldn't give money to defeat abortion? These days, our a la carte Catholics are as likely to be in favour of mass child murder and homosexual "marraige" as not.

This needs a thread in itself but....

WikiLeaks: Clinton, Obama, Soros Overthrew Pope Benedict In Vatican Coup

Anti-Pope Francis cannot be considered a valid Pope under the circumstances.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
I wouldn't go so far as to label him an anti-pope, but he is a horribly misguided, myopic and gullible pontiff. Check back with me later though, and I may be singing a different tune.
Francis is a Charlemagne prize winning genocidial maniac, he is no use to us...

Charlemagne Prize

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Charlemagne Prize
Awarded for Distinguished service on behalf of European unification
Location Aachen, Germany
Presented by Society for the Conferring of the International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen
First awarded May 1, 1950; 67 years ago
Website www.karlspreis.de

The mediaeval city seal of Aachenon which the design of the prize medal is based

The Charlemagne Prize (German: Karlspreis; full name originally Internationaler Karlspreis der Stadt Aachen, International Charlemagne Prize of the City of Aachen, since 1988 Internationaler Karlspreis zu Aachen, International Charlemagne Prize of Aachen) is a European prize. It has been awarded annually since 1950 by the German city of Aachen to people who contributed to the unity of Europe. It commemorates Charlemagne, ruler of the Frankish Empire and founder of what became the Holy Roman Empire, who resided and is buried at Aachen. Traditionally the award is given to the recipient on Ascension Day in a ceremony in the town hall of Aachen. In April 2008, the organisers of the Charlemagne Prize and the European Parliament jointly created a new European Charlemagne Youth Prize, which recognises contributions by young people towards the process of European integration.

Recipients[edit]

After awarding the Charlemagne Prize 2015 to Martin Schulz, the celebrities met on stage at Aachen Katschhof. From left to right can be seen: Bernd Büttgens (official spokesman of the city of Aachen), Armin Laschet (Parliamentary group leader of the CDU in North Rhine-Westphalia), François Hollande (President of the French Republic), Martin Schulz (President of the European Parliament), Joachim Gauck (President of Germany), King Felipe VI (Head of state of Spain), Petro Poroshenko (President of Ukraine), Sauli Niinistö (President of Finland), Simonetta Sommaruga(President of the Swiss Confederation), Hannelore Kraft (Minister-President of North Rhine-Westphalia), Jürgen Linden (Speaker of the board of directors of the Charlemagne Prize of the city of Aachen).

I wouldn't go so far as to label him an anti-pope, but he is a horribly misguided, myopic and gullible pontiff. Check back with me later though, and I may be singing a different tune.
If a Pope has been forced to resign by external forces he very much remains Pope and the resignation isn't regarded as valid under cannon law. I'm not sure Francis is gullible. I think it is probably safe to assume that he isn't otherwise he wouldn't have gotten where he is today.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
If a Pope has been forced to resign by external forces he very much remains Pope and the resignation isn't regarded as valid under canon law.
Although I have no doubt that the machinations of the Curia and Benedict's inability and frustration to break its back as well as the health problems brought on by that led to his resignation, I'd need palpable evidence to prove that there was more to it. That Wikileaks stuff intimates and conjectures mainly.

§2. If it happens that the Roman Pontiff resigns his office, it is required for validity that the resignation is made freely and properly manifested but not that it is accepted by anyone.

Code of Canon Law - IntraText

I'm not sure Francis is gullible. I think it is probably safe to assume that he isn't otherwise he wouldn't have gotten where he is today.
I politely disagree. Francis is a ringer, a useful idiot and failed his way upward. There's not a Machiavellian bone in his body. The Curia rule the roost and he's their fair-haired boy (bald pate notwithstanding).

Last edited:
CC to spend 20 million on Papal Visit - Would that money not be better spent on fighting abortion?
I'd rather we confiscated the 20 million in lieu of CC abuse compensation claims paid out by the state
and used it to build more secular schools so we can phase out all these religious cancers from
our society

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I'd rather we confiscated the 20 million in lieu of CC abuse compensation claims paid out by the state
and used it to build more secular schools so we can phase out all these religious cancers from
our society

Do you realise that most of the children abused were in state "care." Why should the state not pay compensation for its criminal negligence?