Poll #cblive Claire Byrne Live: Mon 14th May EARLY @ 2135 "8th AMENDMENT REFERENDUM SPECIAL"

Claire or the Gruesome Twosome?

• Total voters

Dublin 4

Premium Account

Live every Monday night on RTÉ One television.

Debate and discussion on the issues that matter to Ireland

Audience Participation

Claire Byrne Live

If there is something in your area or happening in your life that you think we should cover, get in touch at clairebyrnelive@rte.ie

We'd be delighted to meet you at one of our shows, so if you would like to be in the audience any Monday night, call us on 01-2083494 go to www.rte.ie/news/clairebyrnelive/tickets or email clairebyrnelive@rte.ie

RTÉ ClaireByrneLive (@ClaireByrneLive) | Twitter

#cblive

TV Guide | Listings For All Irish Television Channels | RTÉ

Vote Yes and we will never be asked about the rights of unborn children again.

Vote No and they will keep trying.

If they are concerned about special cases like FFA the referendum should have been worded to that effect. As things stand women in Ireland CAN get abortions if they threaten suicide and manage to convince several experts (around a dozen have been granted), as things stand since the protection of life act was passed Savitas would be able to get abortions if their lives were in danger. The Yes side have managed to conceal their agenda (which is laissez faire abortion on demand) behind issues that have nothing to do with the 8th.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Maria Steen was outstanding as usual, but the Yes side put a really bad team. That senile old dotard Boylan - some half wit from the "Women's Council of Ireland," and that air brushed slabberer, Mary Lou.

This was a highly problematic show for the Yes side. They are pitching their argument in a logical form whereas people vote emotionally. The No side was really personalising the argument in a highly emotive form.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
This was a highly problematic show for the Yes side. They are pitching their argument in a logical form whereas people vote emotionally. The No side was really personalising the argument in a highly emotive form.

Well, the Abortionists did try to use the hard cases as emotional blackmail.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
Maria Steen was outstanding as usual, but the Yes side put a really bad team. That senile old dotard Boylan - some half wit from the "Women's Council of Ireland," and that air brushed slabberer, Mary Lou.
yes, and the audience were better than i was expecting, the pro abortion gp was useless and the pro-life gp from cork and the lady gp beside him were mighty as were all the prolife gps. i still think the consultant on panel could have been better at tackling boylan over savita - it dusnt matter a shite what the consultant boylan quoted said - the facts are the facts - gross medical negligence and nothing to do with 8th. but he was okay too. the two women panellists were mighty. as for the other three - they were total shite and got worse as program went on - altho i did miss first few mins. mlmd's claim at end that she was pro-life got a reaction she wasnt expecting - she also looked like the ugly sister of the person on the posetrs up and down the country - i hate saying that but - there u go. claire byrne did the usual rte thing of not letting anyone be called a liar becuz that gets yes side off the hook. i genuinely think that was a very good show for the noers. once again - the pro-life gps in audience were mighty for our cause.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
disagree - i think its all emotive stuff about hard cases and suffering women from pro-abortionists, yes our side does use emotion but only becuz its natural - also, we have all the arguments - thats why the yessers have nothing but emotives.

Top Bottom