Catalonia

2pacs

Donator
Premium Account
The UK has said that it will "not recognize the 'illegal' declaration of independence by Catalan MPs". That's just breaking on Sky News now.

OP
OP
Plasticpaddy
The London Régime are terrified Scotland will do the same thing.
That is most unlikely,the British didn't make the mistake the Madrid government made.They have made a right mess of it,It'll be difficult for Madrid to get out of this in a way that would meet approval,from the decent people in the world.

There's no intrinsic reason why Catalonia can't be independent in the long run. If Belgium and Holland can be, Catalonia can be too. So if they want a crack at it, then crack on.

It's gonna be a hard slog though if their effort today does survive Madrid's truncheons (unlikely). But nothing risked, nothing gained as they say.

In any event, all bad news for the EU, Spain being the state that the EU has helped wreck. The EU is about now as popular as a salad at a cannibal festival. And I can live with that.

Sinn Féin are whining because direct rule has been imposed from Madrid.

If they don't stop playing games, and get the finger out - direct rule
will soon be imposed by Westminster...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Plasticpaddy
Sinn Féin are whining because direct rule has been imposed from Madrid.

If they don't stop playing games, and get the finger out - direct rule
will soon be imposed by Westminster...:rolleyes:
Can't help thinking you need a lovely holiday to Luton.

OP
OP
Plasticpaddy
It will be interesting to see how it turns out,I certainly wish the peaceful,dignified and democratic people of Catalonia all the best.Whatever happens now they can be proud of themselves.

i am encouraged the reciprocal growth of nationalism in Spain proper. the reciprocal nationalism in England in response to ScotsIndy was a factor in Brexit going through.

Top Bottom