Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Cartel in Irish politics ?

Superhans

Staff member
Administrator
Donator
Of course, we can see this with FGFF

I often wonder myself do all the governments of western nations have agreements to swap and change after a certain period of time.

Is democracy an illusion?

I don't even believe the referendum results ever since we voted against Nice.

G

gaelstree

Non Registered Member
I think the reason the labour party went into government in 2011 instead of leading the opposition is that there's a gentlemans agreement between all the parties that FG + FF will always be the government and Opposition
They are all pushing the same agenda in fairness. Doesn't matter a bit who is in government. The only true opposition are Gemma and Justin's parties, whether you like them or not.
Labour and sinn fein are fake opposition. Someone told me politics is all a stage act, I know realise how true that is.

Wolf

PI Member
I think the reason the labour party went into government in 2011 instead of leading the opposition is that there's a gentlemans agreement between all the parties that FG + FF will always be the government and Opposition
The country is ran by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels so if doesn't matter a fuck who Thick Paddy elects to public office.
The Irish 'government' is basically a glorified county council, complete with bribes and bribers...corrupt to the core.

Karloff

PI Member
The system of transfers and coalitions promotes this state of affairs. Remember when SF had it's own voice and it's own internally derived views on everything? Slowly but surely it has turned into a party eager to appeal to other parties to be included in a coalition and a party that seeks transfers from voters who voted for other parties - it does this by sounding like the other parties - the overall result turns the country's politics into a clique.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Of course, we can see this with FGFF

I often wonder myself do all the governments of western nations have agreements to swap and change after a certain period of time.

Is democracy an illusion?

I don't even believe the referendum results ever since we voted against Nice.
Let’s see if Brexit happens. If it happens then democracy is working (at least In UK) I know it’s Ireland we’re discussing but brexit is a test of global democracy.

Hiberno

Donator
PI Member
The country is ran by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels so if doesn't matter a fuck who Thick Paddy elects to public office.
The Irish 'government' is basically a glorified county council, complete with bribes and bribers...corrupt to the core.
+1, Spot On.

The Irish Govt is a feminised and homosexual Vichy Govt run under Brussels and Berlin.

Forget Amhran na Bhfiann, this is what the reptiles in the Dail sing to.

Hermit

PI Member
They have cartels at local level so it makes sense they would do it at Government level too. Local councillors from different parties sometimes form pacts where they agree to vote the same away, to ensure they have the majority on every vote (e.g. voting for/against a council annual budget) and also to share the mayoralship over the 5-year term with 5 councillors each getting a go at being mayor for a year.

Top Bottom