Cardinal Sarah: Widespread Communion in the hand is part of Satan’s attack on the Eucharist

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
The head of the Vatican department overseeing liturgy is summoning the Catholic faithful to return to receiving Holy Communion on the tongue and kneeling.

In the preface to a new book on the subject, Cardinal Robert Sarah, Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship, writes: “The most insidious diabolical attack consists in trying to extinguish faith in the Eucharist, by sowing errors and fostering an unsuitable way of receiving it. Truly the war between Michael and his Angels on one side, and Lucifer on the other, continues in the hearts of the faithful.”
Cardinal Sarah: Widespread Communion in the hand is part of Satan’s attack on the Eucharist

TW Tone

PI Member

I am a Catholic, and I was aware of this guy's outburst.

It is the raving of an utter fool.

A Church beset with profound problems on all sides, and this clown is implying that the human hand is unworthy (well, to be honest I have no idea what his logic is).

Maybe he thinks Christ at the Last Supper went around to each of the 12 Apostles and put the 'bread' on each tongue? Ludicrous, in fact the text of the Consecration suggests that the 'bread' was distributed by hand.

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am a Catholic
In name only. You know nothing of the historic reverence for the Eucharist or the history of how this abuse was allowed. You are also ignorant of the detrimental effect on belief and praxis that this one practice alone has engendered. Of all the post Vat 2 abuses, this one is by far the most damaging.

You sound like a Prot

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
Communion in the hand started as an abuse:

"It is not permitted that the faithful should themselves pick up the consecrated bread and the sacred chalice, still less that they should hand them from one to another." - Pope John Paul II, Inaestimabile Donum (April, 1980) -
Cardinal L Suenens first introduced the practice illicitly in Belgium in the mid 1960s from whence it spread quickly to Holland, Germany and France.

When the abuse came to the notice of Pope Paul VI in 1969, he issued Memoriale Domini ruling out universal change to the Church’s method of administering Holy Communion on the tongue to kneeling communicants. In this document the Pope expressed his sadness that Communion in the hand had been introduced in some places without either his knowledge or the Church’s consent.
What’s Wrong with Communion in the Hand?

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
Another sacrilegious scandal at a big papal pep really--this time in Manila. Why is the Vicar treated like God, while God is treated like a bag of Doritos? What part does the institutionalized abuse of Communion in the hand play in this ongoing outrage?

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
Maybe he thinks Christ at the Last Supper went around to each of the 12 Apostles and put the 'bread' on each tongue? Ludicrous, in fact the text of the Consecration suggests that the 'bread' was distributed by hand.
So, did Jesus make the apostles priests at the Last Supper? I think these exegetical points give us sufficient reason to answer yes.
WHEN DID JESUS ORDAIN THE APOSTLES AS ‘PRIESTS’ OF THE NEW COVENANT? By Catholic Answers - THE SPLENDOR OF THE CHURCH

TW Tone

PI Member
In name only. You know nothing of the historic reverence for the Eucharist or the history of how this abuse was allowed. You are also ignorant of the detrimental effect on belief and praxis that this one practice alone has engendered. Of all the post Vat 2 abuses, this one is by far the most damaging.

You sound like a Prot

Don't tell me what I am or am not, or what I know or do not know, you clown. You and your utterly loony obsession with people's hands. You sound like a Muslim, tho they only think one hand is dirty.

Son_of_Tuathal

Donator
PI Member
The Demons love communion in the hand, as we learned during the exorcism of Anneliese Michel. Jump to 2:40:

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Top Bottom