Member Self Moderates Hot Cardinal Pell - Australian Justice in the Dock

gerhard dengler

Staff member
PI Member
That would apply if the accusation centred on financial or violent crime but we live in an era when certain accusations and, more pertinently, certain accused are given shortcut justice.
An accusation of sexual assault against a Catholic clergyman would have half the jury convinced of his guilt before the court hearing even began. The same probably applies to the judiciary.
Jury members are supposed to set aside all prejudice, and are supposed to rely solely upon the evidence presented.

The entire case was predicted solely on the testimony of the plaintiff. There was no other evidence offered.

Has the Australian prosecuter brought other cases based solely on plaintiff testimony with no corroborative evidence? I'd doubt it.

I believe the problem begins with the Aussie prosecutor.

Dublin Stan

PI Member
Jury members are supposed to set aside all prejudice, and are supposed to rely solely upon the evidence presented. The entire case was predicted solely on the testimony of the plaintiff. There was no other evidence offered. Has the Australian prosecuter brought other cases based solely on plaintiff testimony with no corroborative evidence? I'd doubt it. I believe the problem begins with the Aussie prosecutor.
That is a very good and reasoned post with questions we need answers one way or the other to. The bigger problem that I see is the legal system itself. These judges adjudicate by a set of rules they interpret. The whole concept of the man on the Clapham omnibus is gone. I think a whole pile of political and politically correct pressures have steered the law in a way to make it a total ass. Until a proper revolutionary form of governance is established along the lines of the Tan war (line em up and shoot em), it is idfficult to see any progress. The law is, as it has always been a tool of oppression.
On Pell's specific case: I do not know if he is innocent or guilty and I have spoken to Australian lawyers about it. What I do know the RCC has done much worse in the USA and Pell did not get a fair trial.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
You are spammng about this and should be banned. I am going to #block you now as you degrade and devalue the site with this constant spamming
Wrong.
I am exposing the inconsistencies behind poster Ted assertions and some of the reasons why catholic priests are not getting a fair trial.
These reasons are intrinsically connected to the fake dual papacy erected at the Vatican City in 2013.
One of these “popes”Francis 1st, has promoted and shielded many predatory homosexual priests and continues to do so.

If you want to remain blind concerning how an organisation is perceived that’s your choice.
I believe Pell may be innocent but the climate generated by these wicked prelates makes his life harder.

You obviously can not, like poster Ted, deal with the truth.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
[/QUOTE]
That is a very good and reasoned post with questions we need answers one way or the other to. The bigger problem that I see is the legal system itself. These judges adjudicate by a set of rules they interpret. The whole concept of the man on the Clapham omnibus is gone. I think a whole pile of political and politically correct pressures have steered the law in a way to make it a total ass. Until a proper revolutionary form of governance is established along the lines of the Tan war (line em up and shoot em), it is idfficult to see any progress. The law is, as it has always been a tool of oppression.
On Pell's specific case: I do not know if he is innocent or guilty and I have spoken to Australian lawyers about it. What I do know the RCC has done much worse in the USA and Pell did not get a fair trial.
No sane poster would listen to somebody like you on here openly promoting Lynch Law.

What would you know about fairness let alone legal procedures given your savage thirst for blood.

With friends like you Pell doesn’t need enemies.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jury members are supposed to set aside all prejudice, and are supposed to rely solely upon the evidence presented.

The entire case was predicted solely on the testimony of the plaintiff. There was no other evidence offered.

Has the Australian prosecuter brought other cases based solely on plaintiff testimony with no corroborative evidence? I'd doubt it.

I believe the problem begins with the Aussie prosecutor.
I believe the Victoria police set out to find some "evidence" against Cardinal Pell - before anyone had even made a complaint. That fact has not been scrutinized by the court.

Ted

PI Member
In upholding Pell’s appeal and in the arguments he made, Weinberg raises the implication an innocent man is being convicted ..

One lawyer close to these events told me: “The word of complainants is now regarded as near infallible.” During the trial various inconsistencies by the complainant were explained away by the prosecution as the established reactions by sexual abuse victims.

Last edited:

Catalpa

PI Member
In upholding Pell’s appeal and in the arguments he made, Weinberg raises the implication an innocent man is being convicted ..

One lawyer close to these events told me: “The word of complainants is now regarded as near infallible.” During the trial various inconsistencies by the complainant were explained away by the prosecution as the established reactions by sexual abuse victims.

Very Good summary of the case there

- the Fight for Justice goes on!

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Top Bottom