Cardinal George Pell Found Guilty of Child Sexual Abuse

Superhans

Administrator
Donator
This thread is now going to be Heavily Moderated or closed.

Thread Requirements.

1. Stay On topic.
2. Do not abuse others.
3. Do not make libelous comments.
4. Behave in an acceptable fashion.

5. Obey the sites rules.

Consider this a Final Warning to all.

Thread Bans will follow for any poster ignoring Instruction.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
The legal profession in the UK is notoriously filled with Freemasons- I imagine the situation would only be worse in "Oz" and their brand of Freemasonry would be similar to the most odious English forms of the 19 th century.

Last edited:

Fire2theRain

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
JOURNALIST MELISSA DAVEY SAID THE * KEY ISSUE * IN SENTENCING OF GEORGE PELL WAS * ABUSE OF POWER *

I am posting this content under Fair Use doctrine for purposes of social critique, comment and education. I also reserve the right to Fair Use for purposes of parody and satire.

Judge Kidd's full sentencing remarks here

Moderator Edit.

Do not post large copies of Text, you do not have copyright authority and fair use is not granted to you by the publisher.

SH

See above. Hans genuinely didn't realise that Judge Peter Kidd's sentencing remarks court document is freely available, as it was intended to be by the County Court of Victoria. A spokesperson said they are committed to the principles of open justice. I believe this is particularly true in criminal justice.

David Marr's comment about Judge Kidd's scorn as he outlined the excuses delivered by defence barrister Richter.

I paraphrase here:

Pell had just finished mass, he wasn't responsible for the choir boys, he was a mere man. This mere man was dressed in the regalia of an archbishop, and indeed was the archbishop and the person with the most prestige that morning in St Patrick's Cathedral. As Judge Kidd had noted the choir boys had the least power of anyone in St Pat's. Judge Kidd found the power imbalance between the two "stark."

I paraphrase here:

Melissa Davey also quoted what Judge Kidd pointed out and what we all know from the findings of the Royal Commission in to Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse ~~~ ' the power imbalances between adult and child is usually amplified within an institutional setting.' And Judge Kidd stated that it's this disparity of power that renders children vulnerable and deters them from bringing forward a complaint of sexual molestation. Heartbreaking for me to hear as a mother.

Here it is ~

Judge Kidd in his sentencing remarks said:

It is the opportunity of unsupervised interaction, implicitly granted by parents or guardians, which is the point of a child’s vulnerability. The child no longer has the immediate protection of his or her parents or guardians.
The power imbalance between adult and child is usually amplified within an institutional setting. Indeed, that disparity of power makes children vulnerable and may in fact deter them from bringing forward a complaint

(edited by Dan Og at posters request)

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire2theRain

PI Member
Thank your chum Fire2theRain for that, she's the one who re-posted Richters faux pas about 20 times on this thread.

You are lying. I haven't dwelt on the "plain vanilla sex acts" quote at all. I found it to be utterly repugnant, and preferred to move on. Defence barrister Richter QC only apologised after the public outcry.

The verdict was in. Richter had to argue from the standpoint of his convicted client. Yes, it was telling.

On a positive note:

I am glad that you are heeding my advice not to include your propagandist material "signature" in all your consecutive one liner comments on the same webpage. They are like a political party's advertising material and took up a half webpage. It was very much in your face. I note you might be selectively placing the material in the centre of a webpage. It's an improvement.

[An aside: I can't stand Maggie Thatcher either]

Fire2theRain

PI Member
What did Cardinal George Pell know about allegations of child sex abuse within the church?

'New allegations of alleged conspiracies, cover-ups and broken lives have emerged, with questions about what Pell knew about paedophilia in the Catholic Church before he become Archbishop of Melbourne.'

"When the Most Reverend George Pell was still Auxiliary Bishop of Melbourne, he had the passing acquaintance of a priest in his region called Father Noel Brady. Brady is now parish priest at Resurrection Kings Park, ….

"Brady says he prefers to stick to the facts. And the facts he alleges fly in the face of everything Pell now says about what he knew about paedophilia and how he handled it in the Catholic Church before becoming Archbishop of Melbourne in 1996.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
I paraphrase here:

Pell presided over a Jewish mass, he wasn't responsible for the choir boys, he was a mere man.
Is the term "Jewish mass" your own? Is this an anti-Semitic attempt to blame Jewish people from this appalling Show Trial?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
What did Cardinal George Pell know about allegations of child sex abuse within the church?

'New allegations of alleged conspiracies, cover-ups and broken lives have emerged, with questions about what Pell knew about paedophilia in the Catholic Church before he become Archbishop of Melbourne.'

"When the Most Reverend George Pell was still Auxiliary Bishop of Melbourne, he had the passing acquaintance of a priest in his region called Father Noel Brady. Brady is now parish priest at Resurrection Kings Park, ….

"Brady says he prefers to stick to the facts. And the facts he alleges fly in the face of everything Pell now says about what he knew about paedophilia and how he handled it in the Catholic Church before becoming Archbishop of Melbourne in 1996.

We certainly know what the Australian police knew about kidnapping children and abusing them - since it was the Australian police who were doing it - and who are still doing it.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
You are lying. I haven't dwelt on the "plain vanilla sex acts" quote at all. I found it to be utterly repugnant, and preferred to move on.
You have copied and pasted reams of gutter press snippets on Richter's words.

Reactions: Ted

McTell

PI Member
Or maybe all lawyers are trained to make arguments for clemency after any guilty verdict and Richer did not consult with his client before he made this outrageous statement.

Maybe, but this very senior lawyer might hand the case over to you now, as you'd do a much better job.

D

Deleted member 863

Non Registered Member
Maybe, but this very senior lawyer might hand the case over to you now, as you'd do a much better job.
This, while a good suggestion, is unlikely to happen, McTell.

It would appear that the house Catholics moderating this thread would be seen as too biased against the court, against the laws of the land, against the entire continent and all of her people, and against anybody catching any of the dirty buggers in the Catholic cult out for their inhuman crimes against little children.

Besides, it's much, much easier to sit at a desktop somewhere on the other side of the planet from where the actual events are taking place and make your repetitive and infinitely boring comments in refutation of it all over and over again all the livelong day - even though the perpetrator's already likely had a few batterings in the communal showers of Ballarat Prison and the comments don't mean anything anymore.

A lot like say we had a trial going on there in Dublin about say yet another rapey Catholic priest and before you know it, an online kangaroo and its online wombat friend decide to go to bat for the rapist. The kangaroo keeps on jumping up and down with a red-top newspaper in hand looking for something, anything to kick out at: and the lazy wombat just watches from the lower branches of a gum tree nearby: amused, bemused, and ever so slightly alarmed at the 'roo's behaviour.

Lots of dust gets kicked up every time the 'roo hops, but it settles again just as quick.

The wombat, meanwhile - continues to read the unabridged works of Saint Thomas Aquinas aloud to nobody in particular.

McTell

PI Member
This, while a good suggestion, is unlikely to happen, McTell.

It would appear that the house Catholics moderating this thread would be seen as too biased against the court, against the laws of the land, against the entire continent and all of her people, and against anybody catching any of the dirty buggers in the Catholic cult out for their inhuman crimes against little children.
//

I don't see the vatican or the aussie bishops in full denial. They must know something we don't.

Top Bottom