Can Cavan stop Dublin getting to the big 5

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
nat really into slap ball but would I be right in thinking Dublin has financial muscle the others don't? presumably they pay higher ahem expenses than other counties?
Yes, Dublin receive much more in funding. They basically get the equivalent of a province. I'm not sure how much that has to do with them winning 4 in a row, though. These things usually go in cycles. For example, Kilkenny won 4 hurling titles in a row in the noughties and have only one one or two in recent years.

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
Roscommon, Cavan, and Mayo will be favorites for the drop from Div 1
I think if Mayo get a decent manager in they could challenge for the all ireland again. They still have a decent squad.

Roundtower

PI Member
Big clash on Sat. in the national leaague, Dublin V Mayo, it's coming to a point of no return for Dublin after losing to Monaghan and Kerry, another loss would mean them noy qualifying for the league final.
Mayo has won their first 3 games and have found 2 or 3 forwards with potential like Fionnn McDonagh and Brian Reape, team with aa blend of youth and experience. What will be interesting will be how Cafferkry one of the most maligned players in Mayo football, was MOM against Cavan.
The craack should be good as well, should be some Dubs. down for a christening, former Dublin hurler and a local girl, sso their should be good jibbing involved.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
Assured of Division status, beat the Dubs. on Sat. and the Dubs. will be under pressure
That quote was from last September
I’ll be there with the rest of the season ticket holders in the lower Cusack
New young team, caff at full back (after man o match against Cavan)
Win should almost guarantee league final spot
Loss isn’t end of world ( young guys , against the dubs in Croker, see the standards)

The dubs a few weeks behind everyone in training, their focus is somewhere else, two weeks since they played Kerry, still have Cavan and the Rossies to play , the dubs are safe

Napper Tandy

PI Member
Do you really think they have a chance in either game?
The dubs ?
Against rossies and Cavan?

Roscommon should have beaten Tyrone
I was in Omagh, their a poor side
Cavan in Castlebar, we won handy enough in third gear
The rossies in Castlebar in a gale, couldn’t read much into it except Roscommon are dogged but no game plan

The Dubs will now be up to match fitness, missing cluxton but will coast against the two new arrivals from div 2 , I was at the league finals last Cavan v Roscommon, Dublin v Galway,
Cavan 4:12 Roscommon 4:16
Dublin will destroy them

Setantawatchl

Banned
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The dubs ?
Against rossies and Cavan?

Roscommon should have beaten Tyrone
I was in Omagh, their a poor side
Cavan in Castlebar, we won handy enough in third gear
The rossies in Castlebar in a gale, couldn’t read much into it except Roscommon are dogged but no game plan

The Dubs will now be up to match fitness, missing cluxton but will coast against the two new arrivals from div 2 , I was at the league finals last Cavan v Roscommon, Dublin v Galway,
Cavan 4:12 Roscommon 4:16
Dublin will destroy them
Dublin down and manager sacked!

Top Bottom