Can a black person ever be Irish?

Hmm, well that is more of a personal feel.

I don't think everyone is like that, but sure they may remember when their ancestors are from, but that doesn't change their identity of who they are and born somewhere.

St Patrick's day means nothing to me, as St David's or St George, only the last the state flag is raised. And England feels like a kingdom for a day.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

I don't think everyone is like that, but sure they may remember when their ancestors are from, but that doesn't change their identity of who they are and born somewhere.

St Patrick's day means nothing to me, as St David's or St George, only the last the state flag is raised. And England feels like a kingdom for a day.

Could your lack of feeling grounded in any one place be because of your mixed blood?

The Boss

Donator
Premium Account
In answer to the OP, of course a black person can be Irish.

black people have as much right to Irishness as a white person.

Irish is only a reference to a geographical location anyhow.

Coolwhip

Political Irish

If you dont mind me asking LR, what is your background? I gather some is Irish?

You said you are of mixed blood, and you didn't care about things like St. George or the English flag.
Well yes the St George aspect doesn't mean something since it is a part of England, and for those who may feel more about living in an independent kingdom, it symbolic.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
In answer to the OP, of course a black person can be Irish.

black people have as much right to Irishness as a white person.

Irish is only a reference to a geographical location anyhow.

You know you English chaps have no say in what's a right in Ireland and what isn't. Of course, you are still imposing your illegal occupation in our north eastern six counties - but that won't be for long.

Coolwhip

Political Irish
You know you English chaps have no saying in what's a right in Ireland and what isn't. Of course, you are still imposing your illegal occupation in our north eastern six counties - but that won't be for long.
He isn't a real English man, a real English man wouldn't be so defeatist, Must be French I reckon.

Top Bottom