Can a black person ever be Irish?

Maybe you dont but many do, including the TV broadcasters.

I have never seen the English consider the French in the same way they do the Irish.
Hmm, what examples can you give?

Seriously nobody cares about the Irish state here, and not many about the Ulster province.

Coolwhip

Political Irish
Refereeing to Alan Shatter who was the guy behind the citizenship ceremonies. Shatter is a Jew and instead of allowing immigration to do their job and look at citizenship applications he decided to fast track everyone on the waiting list for citizenship.

Ironically many of those given citizenship cant get passports because of their dodgy backgrounds!

Coolwhip

Political Irish
Born in Dublin to a Jewish family, Shatter is the son of Elaine and Reuben Shatter, a British couple who met by chance when they were both on holidays in Ireland in 1948.[2][3] He was educated at The High School, Dublin and Trinity College, Dublin. He has been to Israel a number of times, including to work on a kibbutz as a young man.[4]
Shatter has lived most of his life in Dublin — he grew up in Rathgar and Rathfarnham and lives now in Ballinteer with his wife, Carol Ann (Danker) Shatter, and two children.[5] He was the only Jewish member of Dáil Éireann during his last term.
Business interests[edit]

Shatter owns several properties in the United States. With interests in fifteen properties, Shatter had the largest property portfolio of any member of Ireland's cabinet while minister.[6]

Alan Shatter - Wikipedia

If I had Spanish blood I certainly would certainly be delighted with it, I would be moving across in no time.
I've got a sizeable chunk of Scandinavian, English and southern European ancestry but I've no desire to move to any of these places any time soon.
And having more foreign admixture than the average Irish person doesn't make me in any way less Irish. In fact it's a bonus: it means I'm less inbred.

On a related note, any Irish person with 100% Irish ancestry, particularly from a very isolated rural neck of the woods, would be absolutely insane to choose an Irish partner. There's no excuse, especially when you consider the vast pool of potential marriage partners made available by modern transport and communications.

Last edited:
Refereeing to Alan Shatter who was the guy behind the citizenship ceremonies. Shatter is a Jew and instead of allowing immigration to do their job and look at citizenship applications he decided to fast track everyone on the waiting list for citizenship.

Ironically many of those given citizenship cant get passports because of their dodgy backgrounds!
I suspect that most of them gamed the various student visa programmes.

Top Bottom