Brother of Martin McGuinness joining Peadar Tóibín in new 32 County Pro Life Republican Party

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
By no means am I talking about economics. I'm referring to Peadar's support for open borders. Ever since the defeat in May the pro-lifers have been willing to talk about issues of immigration.. finally. They became more receptive to it. Peadar will just cut that head off that before it starts and consign the pro-life cause to a generic pro-mass-immigration party. Not good enough. Move out of the way, Peadar!
I don't think so. Those around Peadar are anti-immigration. He's going to do things in a clever way - let the enemy say he's anti-immigration and wacist.

Macushla

PI Member
I don't think so. Those around Peadar are anti-immigration. He's going to do things in a clever way - let the enemy say he's anti-immigration and wacist.
Who around him is anti-immigration? The man himself is pro-immigration, and the rest will follow his fiat.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
I don't see a support for open borders. He simply issued a neutral statement on the matter - hedging his bets so as to stablise his party and weaken the moderates in the others.

He has been giving conservative signals - mocking 'gender fluid toilet' issues and the like.

Liberalagenda

PI Member
Any anti-establishment party has to be economically left. Anyone who's economically right is already voting for Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil.
I'm not so sure that follows.
The "National" movement would be to the right in my opinion.
Right wing parties would be against immigration, so would that mean economically, in regard to the tendency of FG embracing immigration, then they are to the left economically?
Sometimes these labels are confusing.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
I'm not so sure that follows.
The "National" movement would be to the right in my opinion.
Right wing parties would be against immigration, so would that mean economically, in regard to the tendency of FG embracing immigration, then they are to the left economically?
Sometimes these labels are confusing.

Being economically right wing these days means free markets (including the free movement of labour) and privatizations. I don't think those policies would help Peadar.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
I hope they pipe up on that issue. Don't take a soft approach lying down. It's more important than anything else, even pro-life.

Well, Pro Life and Immigration go hand in hand. Peadar is smart enough to know that mass immigration is not helping the countries those migrants are coming from.

Liberalagenda

PI Member
Being economically right wing these days means free markets (including the free movement of labour) and privatizations. I don't think those policies would help Peadar.
That's just economics and it's not just these days.
This has been the economics for centuries.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Subject: A quick update on the development of Ireland's fast growing political movement
A chara dhílis,
Thank you so much for contacting us regarding Ireland's fastest growing political movement. Here is a quick update on the development of our new movement.
The energy and support that we have received in the last few weeks has been unprecedented.

· 1,400 people have signed up so far.
· 9 elected reps from Fianna Fáil, SDLP, Sinn Féin and Independents’ backgrounds have left their political parties and declared for us.
· We are talking to another 20 elected reps from across the political spectrum with regards declaring for us.
· We officially founded our party on Saturday the 5th of January 2019, 100 years after the 1st Dáil.
· Our party Constitution has been adopted.
· We have selected a party name and are currently registering the party with the Electoral Authorities north and south.
· We have held 11 public meetings across the country that are attracting up to 350 people to these meetings.
· We have 21 more meetings planed between now and mid-February throughout the country.
· We are firmly on the radar of the media north and south.

Organisational development

· Over 20 Cumainn have been founded.
· 6 of these are in the north of Ireland. We have achieved more in the north than Fianna Fáil in 20 years.
· Counties such as Meath, Cork, Dublin Donegal have multiple Cumainn functioning.
· Some Cumainn have started to canvass once a week in their areas.
· Comhairle Ceantair will be formed in some counties before the end of January.
· Selection conventions for the Local Elections will start in areas where there are elected reps before the end of January.
· Church Gate Collections and fundraising have started in some areas.

Further Development

· We need to sign up as many citizens who are aligned to our politics and who are in good standing as members as possible. Cumainn and members should make this priority over the next few weeks.
· We will be launching a new website in the coming weeks.
· We will be organising a Dublin launch of the organisation.
· We hope to have 100 Cumainn up and running by the end of February.
· All Cumainn should be issue canvassing by mid-February.
· We will have canvass and skills training in early February. All Cumainn should send at least one person to this training.
· Policy development is underway. Members with particular policy experience or skills should contact the Ard Rúnaí of the party.
· Members should seek to recruit other members and contact potential elected reps to get them involved.

Fundraising

· We are asking people to consider a monthly direct debit/standing order to the party to raise funds. This could be between €5 and €20 a month. There is no onus on anyone to do this. Those interested should approach the Cathaoirleach of their Cumann privately or respond to this email.
· We are asking Cumann to organise church gate collections, local draws, fund raisers and to tap interested people for a donations.
The level of anger in Irish society is a sight to behold. There is a demand and a need for a new movement of people. We are this movement. There is no one coming after us.

If you have not given us your phone number or your address and you would like to get further involved please send them to us in a reply to this email. If you have not signed up as a member and you would like to do so please indicate as such in a reply to this message. If you do not wish to receive any further contact from us please indicate to us by return of email.
Beirigí bua
Peadar Tóibín TD
Ceannaire

George Dillon

PI Member
Who around him is anti-immigration? The man himself is pro-immigration, and the rest will follow his fiat.
The Catholic Church is one of the loudest boosters for Mass Immigration, and this outfit is shaping up to be the political wng of the Catholic Church.
I wouldn't touch them at this stage.

(For anyone interested, I am a practicing Catholic).

Top Bottom