Brother of Martin McGuinness joining Peadar Tóibín in new 32 County Pro Life Republican Party

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
'NO COMMON SENSE' Ex-Sinn Fein TD Peadar Toibin says Irish people want to hear more about housing than gender-fluid toilets ahead of launching his new pro-life party

Toibin's party has already set up 20 cumainn, or local branches, and plans to have 'a couple of hundred by the end of January'

IRELAND’S sick and tired of a focus on the “culture wars” and issues like “gender-fluid toilets”, our newest party leader claims.

Peadar Toibin says Irish people are sick of gender-fluid toilet debates
Peadar Tóibín Retweeted

1546799820837.png

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Peadar Tóibín to target seats in Donegal for new pro-life party

The new yet-to-be-named pro-life, Republican political party being led by former Sinn Féin TD for Meath, Peadar Tóibín, will be targeting Donegal as one of its priority constituencies as it tries to make a breakthrough in May’s local elections.

How his new party fares in the north-west county will be watched closely as it was the only constituency to have a "No" majority in last year's Eighth Amendment referendum

Speaking today to Midlands 103, Peadar Toibin said people from the yes side of the recent referendum were also attending the group's meetings.

"The strongest pro-life, human rights vote came from Donegal, but obviously that human rights vote was visible right throughout the country at different levels. Most of the north-west and Midlands, that human rights vote came in at well over 40% and we'll obviously be looking for many of those people to support us with regards strengthening the human right to life into the future," he said.

"But there are people who voted yes in the referendum who are attending our meetings."

Commenting after he addressed a crowd of over 250 people at a public meeting in Letterkenny on Tuesday night, Mr Tóibin said: “The Donegal constituency is the most aligned with our politics.”

Peadar Tóibín to target seats in Donegal for new pro-life party
Soros Fein soon to be wiped out in Donegal. That's huge crowds to be drawing in for a new party.

Last edited:

Macushla

PI Member
Soros Fein soon to be wiped out in Donegal. That's huge crowds to be drawing in for a new party.
Crowds don't necessarily translate into voters, or more importantly political activists and candidates.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We'll see. But I don't want the left to co-opt the pro-life movement too!

Any anti-establishment party has to be economically left. Anyone who's economically right is already voting for Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
SF will weaken itself by its awful leadership
but with nowhere for voters to go to in the 6 counties.. to the equally useless stoops? In the absence of NP and Irexit in the North... Toibin is an excellent protest vote against the PSF hegamony. Though given the option, it would be NP 1, Irexit 2, Toibin 3. for me

Macushla

PI Member
Any anti-establishment party has to be economically left. Anyone who's economically right is already voting for Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil.
By no means am I talking about economics. I'm referring to Peadar's support for open borders. Ever since the defeat in May the pro-lifers have been willing to talk about issues of immigration.. finally. They became more receptive to it. Peadar will just cut that head off that before it starts and consign the pro-life cause to a generic pro-mass-immigration party. Not good enough. Move out of the way, Peadar!

Macushla

PI Member
but with nowhere for voters to go to in the 6 counties.. to the equally useless stoops? In the absence of NP and Irexit in the North... Toibin is an excellent protest vote against the PSF hegamony. Though given the option, it would be NP 1, Irexit 2, Toibin 3. for me
Things need to get worse before they get better. NP needs time to grow and expand. At least they have said they would field candidates in the North, unlike Free Stater FF or FG. Their time will come, the same as it will for the rest of Ireland. In the mean time I'd vote DUP if I were a northener - and I hate to say that as a (nominal) Catholic and a Nationalist. But that's just me. Peadar T's thing will just be a nuisance for the development of a big nationalist party in the future.

Top Bottom