Hot Brexit Superthread

publicrealm

PI Member
Defeatist talk. We defeated the Americans in the war and we will do it again, this time with added lethality and Mark Francoise in the van.

This is more of it:

DP Moran

PI Member
The lack of a free trade deal with America is one of the benefits of Brexit, no monsanto GM zombie food, no chlorinated chicken, soy or other low standards food flooding the market and poisoning the people, and a health service free from interference by multi national pharma corps. Shame the same can't be said for the EU who have a draft of TTIP still waiting in the archives to be brought back out again as soon as Trump leaves office.

Murf13

PI Member
@Dan72

According to the Bank of England, the UK will be able to weather the financial storm created by Brexit, even a no deal Brexit.

I just crossed the Atlantic yesterday, the pilot warned us that there might be some turbulence but we went anyway. Think about that.

publicrealm

PI Member
The lack of a free trade deal with America is one of the benefits of Brexit, no monsanto GM zombie food, no chlorinated chicken, soy or other low standards food flooding the market and poisoning the people, and a health service free from interference by multi national pharma corps. Shame the same can't be said for the EU who have a draft of TTIP still waiting in the archives to be brought back out again as soon as Trump leaves office.
I'm sure they will get similar benefits from the lack of a trade deal with Sabine Weyand and the EU - thereby avoiding the TTIP trap.

It's all working out as planned.

Dan72

PI Member
Final Tory leadership debate tonight, this time with the Sun

I think we may actually be heading for another referendum but it will be a no deal choice offered versus status quo.

This is something George Osborne felt Boris would deliver if he became PM

What other way out is there? Assuming Boris becomes PM

valamhic

PI Member
Its criminal that we dont have a Brexit minister, just so typical of Fine Gael, they sleep walk into everything and have a lazy cuntish attitude to dangerous scenarios that could damage this country. As bad as it is sounds, the country would be far better under a fianna Fail government, at least they have put someone who is competent into the Brexit position. Stephen Donnoley maybe a bit of a turncoat but he knows his stuff and will make an excellent Brexit Minister.
Ronald Reagan said that the most terrifying words in the English language are:

I am from the government and I am here to help you!

valamhic

PI Member
Fellow islanders. Our neighbours. We share their values and culture. We have more in common with our fellow islanders than we will ever have with Europeans.
Everyone knows this to be true. No young person leaves Ireland for Europe, they go to Britain, US, Canada, Australia and Ne Zealand. The Europeans are all coming here,

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member

publicrealm

PI Member
Fellow islanders. Our neighbours. We share their values and culture. We have more in common with our fellow islanders than we will ever have with Europeans.

Indeed - we should entrust our future to Mr Johnson and Mr Rees-Mogg - men of high principle, and their fellow Old Etonians.

I'm completely confident that they would see our welfare as a priority and we would all live happily together in the sunny uplands - just like it was before 1916.

Top Bottom