Hot Brexit Superthread

Murf13

PI Member
A question for the knowledgeable posting here,
Was/is it possible for the U.K. to halt the mass immigration from Europe to the “mainland” U.K. and still conform with the EU ?

I ask because it seems that regaining control of their borders seems to have been a selling point for the Brexiteers and I’ve read elsewhere that the U.K. could have invoked some sort of emergency powers to halt the “invasion” but didn’t. (which may have avoided this cluster f**ck)

Truthisfree

PI Member
A question for the knowledgeable posting here,
Was/is it possible for the U.K. to halt the mass immigration from Europe to the “mainland” U.K. and still conform with the EU ?

I ask because it seems that regaining control of their borders seems to have been a selling point for the Brexiteers and I’ve read elsewhere that the U.K. could have invoked some sort of emergency powers to halt the “invasion” but didn’t. (which may have avoided this cluster f**ck)
The UK never enforced the laws it had to stop the influx of refugees, their problem, not the EUs.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
@Dan72 Interesting article here about James O'Brien who does a chat show on LBC and various other platforms, I had never heard of him until Brexit as it seems most people. He is informed and articulate on the subject.

James O’Brien interview: ‘Brexit’s been good for my career but bad for my soul’

Full youtube playlist here
James O'Brien is a tosser who spends his entire shows in preaching to the Remain converted.
Whenever he lets a token Brexit supporter on he talks over them, cuts them off, asks unanswerable rhetorical questions, uses condescending language and a patronising tone of voice with the end result that over time he has lost from that time slot any Brexit supporters that previously tuned into LBC during that time slot.

He should take a leaf out of the book from Nigel Farage who on his LBC show always gives Remain supporters the time to make their points uninterrupted, is always respectful to them and always replies to them in a polite manner even when they have been distinctly impolite to him.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
We dont even have Brexit yet and already the claims that Brexit would boost the wages of the lowest paid in society are being proven to be true.
This one article explains precisely why the ordinary man in the Street in the UK wants Brexit but the Globalist Corporate Elite class are opposed to it.

By Lucy Meakin 8 November 2018, 01:01 GMT

Britain’s labor shortage intensified at the start of the fourth quarter as the waning supply of workers from the European Union forced firms to pay more.

Overall candidate availability fell at the quickest pace in nine months in October, according to survey data collected by KPMG and the Recruitment and Employment Confederation. That helped keep starting salary inflation near the fastest in more than three years.
U.K. Worker Shortage Intensifies as Starting Salaries Climb - Bloomberg

publicrealm

PI Member

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
Might there be any downside to the shortage of workers and increased wages?
There will be for big business.
For instance Ive read about two Starbucks closing down here in South East London in the last couple of weeks.
Another Starbucks Coffee shop closes in Bromley
Coffee drinkers are upset about Woolwich Starbucks closing down

I guess Starbucks are feeling the pinch from not being able to recruit Slave Labour any more. And I guess the UK Treasury might suffer a cut in the fifty pence Corporation Tax Starbucks pay every year.
I guess Landlords who operate by packing in a dozen minimum wage Poles into their rented accomodation might well suffer as well.

But as to the man in the street - I dont think they will suffer at all.

Truthisfree

PI Member
James O'Brien is a tosser who spends his entire shows in preaching to the Remain converted.
Whenever he lets a token Brexit supporter on he talks over them, cuts them off, asks unanswerable rhetorical questions, uses condescending language and a patronising tone of voice with the end result that over time he has lost from that time slot any Brexit supporters that previously tuned into LBC during that time slot.

He should take a leaf out of the book from Nigel Farage who on his LBC show always gives Remain supporters the time to make their points uninterrupted, is always respectful to them and always replies to them in a polite manner even when they have been distinctly impolite to him.
So you have been on his show? picoms2

El Chaval.

PI Member
Might there be any downside to the shortage of workers and increased wages?
It takes roughly 2-3 hours to apply for a work visa in any Embassy.
You can even do it online ffs.
People can still come to fill places if needed and they are offered work.
Ireland needs to get out too and bring in the same system.
No more open borders.

Truthisfree

PI Member
It takes roughly 2-3 hours to apply for a work visa in any Embassy.
You can even do it online ffs.
People can still come to fill places if needed and they are offered work.
Ireland needs to get out too and bring in the same system.
No more open borders.
Good luck with that picoms7

Top Bottom