Hot Brendan Keenan's "Bleak Omens" for Europe!

Are you glad that this Economics Thread is the Biggest Thread of all on P.irish?

• Total voters

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium

missy

PI Member
Well yea, we don't repossess.
Our margins are mouth-watering to other banks.
So why don't they come in here and create competition, thereby forcing down the margin ?
Oh yea, we don't repossess.

valamhic

PI Member
I'd be more concerned about the death of manufacturing, the whole ECB monetary policy/banking setup and EU laws dictating member states in a non-democratic fashion. The only solution for clean energy to actually improve is the whole area of battery tech + storage. Get that right and I can see it working. Following moores law like with computing power and other tech advances I dont' see why we couldn't achieve it eventually. But right now it's not there yet.

We'll be moving into an automation era post 2030 and no one has proposed solutions in my view that could adequately adjust society to it.
I don't agree on your second point because 99% of men think they are inventors and its always about energy. They get confused about energy because it can't be put in a bag like groceries.

I agree on the EU and give this example.

Went asked to vote in favour of the EU, we were promised the protection of the environment. See Article 3(2) of the SEA Directive.

European SEA Directive 2001/42/EC - Wikipedia also here is the actual directive.

Check out Article 3(2) a of the actual directive EUR-Lex - 32001L0042 - EN - EUR-Lex

Ireland currently is pursuing a plan and programme for renewable energy, telecommunications (broadband) and the Town and Country Planning (children's hospital).

There is no SEA done whatsoever, none, they reneged on it.

Top Bottom