Brendan Grace..

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think BG was bilocating between Ireland and Florida for years--mostly the latter. His cancer was only announced in the last couple of weeks, tho he probably had it longer. Bottler was a Battler, but this was one he couldn't win.

I have the impression he avoided the filth and anti-Catholicism that is now stock in trade for Irish comics such as Tiernan etc.
Ar dheis De go raibh se.
EH...Father Stack..the bully Catholic priest

D

Deleted member 163

Non Registered Member
I think BG was bilocating between Ireland and Florida for years--mostly the latter. His cancer was only announced in the last couple of weeks, tho he probably had it longer. Bottler was a Battler, but this was one he couldn't win.

I have the impression he avoided the filth and anti-Catholicism that is now stock in trade for Irish comics such as Tiernan etc.
Ar dheis De go raibh se.
Well said. I am not sure of the details but they had a venture in Florida, a group of them and it did not work out. Maybe location and a different "scene"

He was a caring man. About a month ago or maybe even less , he sent a Facebook message of support to a little boy in this community who is in a tight spot with cancer. His father being a Dub and his grandfather being a pal of himself.

Even though he was struggling himself, he sent what was obviously a spirit lifting message. Top man.

ogma

PI Member
I think foreign migrants seeking Irish citizenship should be required to identify great icons of the Irish entertainment world.
And Brendan Grace was one.

You apparently don't know who he was.

Are you a foreign settler?
I saw his show years ago and it was funny enough. Fifteen years later I saw him on the TV and it was exactly the same schtick. Same with Brendan O'Carroll.

He was a 'one ride Eiliy'.

Anglophile

PI Member
The drunken Irishman as a big joke.......:rolleyes:

Wasn't a bad singer - liked 'The Dutchman'.

Rest in peace.

Wolf

PI Member
The drunken Irishman as a big joke.......:rolleyes:

Wasn't a bad singer - liked 'The Dutchman'.

Rest in peace.
Tell me, brit, what exactly is it to be English these days?
Laughing stock of the western world?

Top Bottom