Breaking: Brexit Carnage, Jaguar Land Rover to cut 5000 UK Jobs

Threads
I have never said Brexit won't happen.

I have consistently maintained that if May's deal does not get through parliament on on the first or second time., I think she could try a second time then a GE or second ref is on.

I have also said as much as I think Brexit is a mistake, it was a democratic vote and should be respected but equally it's not up to Rees Mogg and his fellow headbangers to be the judge of how it is delivered or version of Brexit delivered.
It should be delivered as voted.
clean withdrawal of all institutions including Customs Union, ECHR the works.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
You do realise that every mismanaged company is going to be blaming Brexit for their incompetence ?
Nah, I don't agree.
If Brexit wasn't a factor in Land Rovers latest bad news then Land Rover management wouldn't have mentioned it.
They would have stated clearly that Land Rovers downturns was due to bad decision making by them in focusing on diesel engined vehicles and the Chinese Market.
No way would the highly paid Management at Landrover have attempted to deflect blame away from their performance by making bogus claims about Brexit.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
So now it emerges that Land Rover has been in the process of moving production to Slovakia for the last three years, notably starting before there was belief that Brexit was on the cards.

They apparently have created over two thousand jobs there so far with more to come.

Which is obviously the reason that they are now eliminating these jobs in the UK that have already been in the process of transferring these jobs to a cheaper location for the last three years.
With all the talk of blaming China/Diesel/Brexit therefore being for public consumption to prevent a huge consumer backlash from the Landrover UK market.

Jaguar Land Rover has created 2,350 jobs in Slovakia over the past three years thanks to a £110million sweetener offered under EU rules.

The car manufacturer has been moving its production of the Land Rover Discovery model from its plant in Solihull, West Midlands to Eastern Europe since 2015.
Jaguar Land Rover moved 2,350 jobs to Slovakia with the help of £110m EU sweetener | Daily Mail Online

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Land Rover declares its commitment to the post-Brexit UK by announcing it is is going to build a new factory for producing the batteries for its move into Electric Vehicles as well as confirming that its existing UK Engine Factory in the UK will be producing the Motors for its new Electric Vehicle range.

Jaguar Land Rover is to build a new factory to produce batteries for the electric cars of the future in Warwickshire.

The new facility will be sited at Hams Hall, near Coleshill, where German car maker BMW already has an engine factory.
In addition it revealed electric motors would be built at its Engine Manufacturing Centre in Wolverhampton as it seeks to pursue an ‘electrified’ future.
JLR to create new Warwickshire factory despite job cuts

Top Bottom