BRAVE ARAB WOMAN on TV

Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
326
Likes
42
Points
28
#1
This is a clip that makes for interesting listening, she could have a fatwa imposed on her for even been dressed as she is never mind what she speaks about...

Why do FB vids not show?

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/KenWebsterJr/videos/1913266932232481/?fref=nf[/video]
 
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
524
Likes
94
Points
28
#2
We have been killing one another for 1,400 years because some of us pray one way and other pray another.

Some gritty lady!
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
326
Likes
0
Points
16
#3
BURNOUT said:
This is a clip that makes for interesting listening, she could have a fatwa imposed on her for even been dressed as she is never mind what she speaks about...

Why do FB vids not show?

[video=facebook]https://www.facebook.com/KenWebsterJr/videos/1913266932232481/?fref=nf[/video]
This gives a live link:


https://www.facebook.com/KenWebsterJr/videos/1913266932232481/?fref=nf

That woman is brilliant and brave
 
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
1,312
Likes
0
Points
36
#5
That was extraordinary.  I note the "whataboutery" of the interviewer: but isn't this all the fault of Western adventurism etc etc, and she responded well the specific human rights abuses we are discussing on are bing carried out on Arabs by other Arans, and basically we have bee doing this for 1400 years. 

Quite a statement.

What she really did there was to expose the hypocrsiy of pan-Arabism. They turned their backs on the so-called umma or community of believers when they shut the door to refugees.  They have very practical reasons for doing so, but that doesn't prevent them from being completely disingenuous.

She caused major loss of face there, and she's a woman.  That really will be held against her.
 
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
326
Likes
0
Points
16
#6
The Eagle of the Ninth said:
That was extraordinary.  I note the "whataboutery" of the interviewer: but isn't this all the fault of Western adventurism etc etc, and she responded well the specific human rights abuses we are discussing on are bing carried out on Arabs by other Arans, and basically we have bee doing this for 1400 years. 

Quite a statement.

What she really did there was to expose the hypocrsiy of pan-Arabism. They turned their backs on the so-called umma or community of believers when they shut the door to refugees.  They have very practical reasons for doing so, but that doesn't prevent them from being completely disingenuous.

She caused major loss of face there, and she's a woman.  That really will be held against her.
Not just her words. Her face exposed, dressed in Western clothes, heaving bosom and quite good looking.

al Baghadi probably has his eye on her, ready to do a chastising rape - just as he did to that poor American aid worker daesh captured.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2015
Messages
230
Likes
0
Points
16
#7
The Arab world needs 10 million women like her.

Brave, articulate, realistic and cutting through all the BS.
 
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
1,312
Likes
0
Points
36
#8
gracethepirate said:
Not just her words. Her face exposed, dressed in Western clothes, heaving bosom and quite good looking.

al Baghadi probably has his eye on her, ready to do a chastising rape - just as he did to that poor American aid worker daesh captured.
ISIL have raped 7 year old girls. I am pretty convinced they do so not merely as weapon of war (ie to totally demoralise their captive populations) or to gratify their base passions, but because they hate and fear women in general. Wome are very good at seeing through male bluster and crazy, and men can feel reduced by a woman's calm contempt in a way they would never be by another man.

When Osama's compund was taken, one stray detail stayed in my mind: during the fire fight the men made sure to toss their "wives" in the direction of the oncoming bullets.

I've never been in a situation like this, but I do recall a bomb going off in Larne many years ago when I was Halloween shopping with my Mum and Dad. As the shock waves rolled up the street, dad threw both of us to the pavement, and covered us with his body.
 

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
4,611
Likes
5,324
Points
263
#9
Does anyone know where she's from and where that was filmed?
 
Joined
Oct 30, 2015
Messages
1,312
Likes
0
Points
36
#10
maxflinn said:
Does anyone know where she's from and where that was filmed?
I expected someone would say "propaganda" :) Eveything is, you know.

I have no idea, my guess would have been Egypt a few years ago, but it could be Jordan too.

We all have to sift and parse. but the fact remains that daesh are no one's heroes and especially not Arab women's.

My own rejection of Western policy in the ME, and my awreness that Western powers will try and co-opt the brutal abuse of women by Daesh in the service of their own objectives doesn't mean I am going to say "Well of course, she's talking through her hat - and came straight from central casting in LA."

Her points are valid. The Arab States have their own garbage to take out, ad do we all.
 

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
4,611
Likes
5,324
Points
263
#11
The Eagle of the Ninth said:
I expected someone would say "propaganda" :) Eveything is, you know.

I have no idea, my guess would have been Egypt a few years ago, but it could be Jordan too.

We all have to sift and parse. but the fact remains that daesh are no one's heroes and especially not Arab women's.

My own rejection of Western policy in the ME, and my awreness that Western powers will try and co-opt the brutal abuse of women by Daesh in the service of their own objectives doesn't mean I am going to say "Well of course, she's talking through her hat - and came straight from central casting in LA."

Her points are valid.  The Arab States have their own garbage to take out, ad do we all.
I couldn't agree more with you. I thought she was very brave and who can argue that it's not wrong to exercise Sharia punishments on people.
 

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
4,611
Likes
5,324
Points
263
#12
And from a brave Arab woman to a brave Jewish woman:

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJpBBeTSNxc[/video]