Boris Johnson - The gift that keeps on giving!

Boris Johnson - He can't seem to stop himself saying stuff that tories are thinking...OUT LOUD! :smiley:

Boris Johnson says Libyan city has bright future 'once they clear the dead bodies'

has prompted outrage after he said a Libyan city could be transformed into the new Dubai once "they clear the dead bodies" away.

The Foreign Secretary’s off-colour comment drew gasps and shocked laughter from the audience at a global trade fringe event at the Conservative conference.

Theresa May was urged to sack him for his latest gaffe, which critics said proved that Mr Johnson - arguably the UK's top diplomat - was not fit to represent Britain on the world stage.

The remarks are the latest in a string of diplomatic blunders by Mr Johnson, coming days after he was ticked off by the British Ambassador to Burma for reciting a colonial poem in the one of the country's most sacred temples.

Asked about a recent trip to the North African country, Mr Johnson said: "It's got real potential and brilliant young people who want to do all sorts of tech.

"There's a group of UK business people actually, I don't know whether you will have come across this, wonderful guys, who want to invest in Sirte on the coast, near where Gaddafi was actually captured and executed, as some of you may have seen.

“They have a got brilliant vision to turn Sirte, with the help of the municipality of Sirte, into the next Dubai.

“The only thing they’ve got to do is clear the dead bodies.”

Oh no! He's at it again.
Boris Johnson's careless braindead witterings
may add 5 years to a UK mum's sentence:

False claims made by Boris Johnson about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a British mother who has been detained by Iran, may result in her being handed an extra five years in prison. The UK foreign secretary incorrectly said she was in the country to “train journalists" when she was actually holidaying.
Johnson told a select committee last week: “When I look at what Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe was doing, she was simply teaching people journalism, as I understand it.” Following his comments, the 37-year-old woman was taken to an unscheduled court hearing in Iran, where Johnson’s remarks were cited as proof of her guilt.
The charity worker, who was employed by the Thomson Reuters Foundation as a project manager, is already serving a five-year prison sentence. She now faces a further five years in jail on new charges of “propaganda against the regime.”
Boris Johnson gaffe could cost British mother another 5 years in Iranian jail

Donchya love these "UK mum" types, eh?

"UK mums" I put with "student mountain hikers" as in types who are probably moonlighting on a spook/NGO payroll.

As for Johnson, he's there to insulate May from being deposed. No better way to keep your position if your heir apparent is a dazed, babblin' clown.

Boris opens his mouth and throws himself into it yet again! :p

UK’s Boris Johnson denies rift with Saudi Arabia

Britain’s foreign secretary Boris Johnson has reached out to Saudi Arabia,
asking for a role in Vision 2030 and claiming the two countries share a “common view of the world”.
Yeah, that explains the billions in UK made weaponry you lot sold them to
slaughter the poorest people in the world in Yemen Boris. :rolleyes:

Boris opens his mouth and throws himself into it yet again! :p

UK’s Boris Johnson denies rift with Saudi Arabia

Yeah, that explains the billions in UK made weaponry you lot sold them to
slaughter the poorest people in the world in Yemen Boris. :rolleyes:
You have to wonder if this is all being played out by Boris, by all accounts he is a well-educated person so I find it astonishing that he could be making gaffs like this. I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover there is a bigger game afoot.

Johnson is just a ridiculous guy to have at the Foreign Office. He's been Britain's arch bungler for years. It's like getting Mr. Bean to do the job (And I don't mean Rowan Atkinson). In fact, Mr. Bean would be better as he's quiet and there would be less verbal stupidity.

I think it's just what I said above. Johnson is there to insulate May from a heave. Getting a total clown to be your joint 2nd in command reduces a rival as no matter what gaffe May may make -- she will always be preferable to that blonde babbling disaster area.

Johnson is just a ridiculous guy to have at the Foreign Office. He's been Britain's arch bungler for years. It's like getting Mr. Bean to do the job (And I don't mean Rowan Atkinson). In fact, Mr. Bean would be better as he's quiet and there would be less verbal stupidity.

I think it's just what I said above. Johnson is there to insulate May from a heave. Getting a total clown to be your joint 2nd in command reduces a rival as no matter what gaffe May may make -- she will always be preferable to that blonde babbling disaster area.
That plus they can say/do some stuff using Boris which they wouldn't get away with
if anyone else said/did it.

For instance, I DO believe many in the Tory party "share a common view of the world" with the Saudi monarchs.
But nobody else in cabinet could actually get away with saying it!

Basically both sets of ruling classes are composed of Rich millionaires
saddling their unfortunate citizens with a stupid ideology
that deliberately limits their possibilities (neoliberalism/wahabbism)
Both are best pals with Israel
and both crawl right up the fetid jaxie of Washington for their orders.

Top Bottom