book recommendations

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Shakespeare was Irish! by Brian Nugent (Paperback) - Lulu

This man, a friend of mine actually though we have never met but spoke, has written this book. I have not read it but read 2 of his other books that I greatly enjoyed. I am not interested overly in Shakespeare. He is a member here but posts very rarely
That guy wrote an extremely interesting about the social control tactics of the ruling elite in the ROI called "Orwellian Ireland" that is definitely worth a read.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Donator
PI Member

Milipod

PI Member
The Discovery of Society by Randell Collins Micheal Makowsky.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
In Defence of Conspiracy Theories: with examples from Irish and International History and Politics door Brian Nugent (Paperback) - Lulu NL

I have this book in physical form and Orwellian Ireland as a pdf or whatever you call those files. Both are very good.
just had a speed read on some parts of Orwellian Irelnd - i glanced at it a while back too - will sit down and read it properly soon - some SCARY gangster shit going on here. these so called 'gombeen men' would buy and sell the fucking illuminatti and the mafia!

Heraclitus

PI Member
just had a speed read on some parts of Orwellian Irelnd - i glanced at it a while back too - will sit down and read it properly soon - some SCARY gangster shit going on here. these so called 'gombeen men' would buy and sell the fucking illuminatti and the mafia!
Here's one for you: Bad Science, by Ben Goldacre

Continuing with that theme.

jmcc

PI Member
The Kirov series. (John Schettler). Sci-Fi/Time Travel/Alt History mainly focusing on WW2. It is, at present, a 36 book series so it may take some time to read :)

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
Here's one for you: Bad Science, by Ben Goldacre

Continuing with that theme.

no no no heraclitus - ask any homeopath what he would do if his child was in a car crash... he would bring them to the hospital. u are not looking at this the right way. surgery is surgery. its job is to treat traumatised bodies with surgery. surgery has been practiced for millenia. and believe it or not hera - there are some surgeons and doctors and shrinks who not only recommend acupuncture/naturopathy/homeopathy/herbs for some of their patients to speed up their recovery and help with emotional issues - they also use them themselves. this is not a surgery vs alternative medicine debate - not to me. i have NO PROBLEMS with surgeons - i do however have huge issues with my local gp stuffing people with toxic 'medicine'. also the BBC are always going to rubbish non corporate healing modalities - and i hate that little gooterhead in that duo - the freaky one.

Heraclitus

PI Member
no no no heraclitus - ask any homeopath what he would do if his child was in a car crash... he would bring them to the hospital. u are not looking at this the right way. surgery is surgery. its job is to treat traumatised bodies with surgery. surgery has been practiced for millenia. and believe it or not hera - there are some surgeons and doctors and shrinks who not only recommend acupuncture/naturopathy/homeopathy/herbs for some of their patients to speed up their recovery and help with emotional issues - they also use them themselves. this is not a surgery vs alternative medicine debate - not to me. i have NO PROBLEMS with surgeons - i do however have huge issues with my local gp stuffing people with toxic 'medicine'. also the BBC are always going to rubbish non corporate healing modalities - and i hate that little Dolly Parton fan in that duo - the freaky one.
Certain medications are over prescribed; I don't dispute this.
But this doesn't get 'alternative medicine' practitioners off the hook from the accusations commonly leveled against them.

IMO, non pharmaceutical treatments should be explored first.
The body's natural ability to heal itself should be the first port of call.
To this end, the placebo effect should be harnessed as much as possible.
Only in instances where this isn't sufficient alone should pharmaceutical drugs be resorted to.

As for homeopathy, just give people an honest placebo instead.

Heraclitus

PI Member
New Pathways in Psychology: Maslow and the Post-Freudian Revolution, by Colin Wilson

Toward A Psychology of Being, by Abraham Maslow

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
New Pathways in Psychology: Maslow and the Post-Freudian Revolution, by Colin Wilson

Toward A Psychology of Being, by Abraham Maslow

'scientists' dont understand water properly- in my fundamentalist opinion. i dont like that guy Freud and i dont like that other guy post-Freud either.

Top Bottom