Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Book I’m reading at the moment...

• Thread starter Deleted member 189
  • Start date
  • Replies 114
  • Views 6K
D

Deleted member 189

Non Registered Member
Like the Poetry and Favourite Art thread, I’d like this to be a safe space for posters to list their current reading material.

I’m ploughing through Atlas of The Irish Revolution, published by UCC, a 5kg, 1000 page, 300 artlice gathering of articles, maps & data about the years 1913-23. Highly recommended

More info here;

Atlas of the Irish Revolution is Irish Book of the Year 2017

OP
D

Deleted member 189

Non Registered Member
Of course, not every book needs be high literature. I’ve just finished the Inspector Danilov series of serial killer thrillers, set in Shanghai in the 1920s. Good stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

bestinclass

PI Member
I'm finally about to start The Road to Serfdom by Friedrich van Hayek, a book I've been meaning to read for years.

I've just finished Arming America, the Origins of a National Gun Culture by Michael A. Bellesiles, which was very heavy going, and not terribly well written.

Tom

Eirú Sean Gael
PI Member
Like the Poetry and Favourite Art thread, I’d like this to be a safe space for posters to list their current reading material.

I’m ploughing through Atlas of The Irish Revolution, published by UCC, a 5kg, 1000 page, 300 artlice gathering of articles, maps & data about the years 1913-23. Highly recommended

More info here;

Atlas of the Irish Revolution is Irish Book of the Year 2017
Got it, excelent and well put together, was lucky to get a first edition.

Top Bottom