Blowback from Sinn Fein's pro-death stance? Sinn Fein voters claim they'll vote DUP now.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last edited:

SwordOfStCatherine

They wont vote DUP at all. However if the DUP could wind it's neck in and get back to what it is was like in the last years of Paisley Mor's leadership than there might be a chance. I think a lot of people will stay at home. Dublin4 talks about the "Pink Clink" but I think abortion is a much more serious issue among Ulster Catholics/Gaels. I think also the Alliance is going to suffer over this issue. Ulster badly needs some non-tribalist alternative that will stick up for it's Christian and Celtic values.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
They wont vote DUP at all. However if the DUP could wind it's neck in and get back to what it is was like in the last years of Paisley Mor's leadership than there might be a chance. I think a lot of people will stay at home. Dublin4 talks about the "Pink Clink" but I think abortion is a much more serious issue among Ulster Catholics/Gaels. I think also the Alliance is going to suffer over this issue. Ulster badly needs some non-tribalist alternative that will stick up for it's Christian and Celtic values.

It's not unthinkable that some tactical voting would go on. Giving Shame Féin a bloody nose over abortion has to be high on the list for Irish Nationalists. And what better way to do that than vote for the DUP next time out.

parentheses

PI Member
The DUP have gone up a lot in my estimation. I never thought I'd say that. I hope they continue to fight against abortion.

Top Bottom