Black Friday Bargain Alerts

Asif

PI Member
Disgusting greed and materialism.
People are slaves and easy controlled.
This has been the way of the west for many year now. They are fools to their own mateirlistic values.

The Equaliser

Donator
PI Member
We don't even celebrate Thanksfucking giving in the UK plc, yet we have been gifted another wonderful business model from the US. These days, instead of having unique/sole trader high street shops, which have always been part of the British 'nation of shopkeepers' heritage, we now have great big American-style retail parks that have become the landscape's anatomical equivalent of the anus.

It usually ends up in violence, punch ups over a poxy TV and the like. It's worth joining in not to go with the intent of actually buying anything, but just as an excuse of kicking the fuck out of some of those dumb animals.

And it's racist, I'm not suggesting we call it white Friday, but grey Friday would keep everyone happy.

Heraclitus

PI Member
Delusional morons getting whipped into a frenzy by a tacky marketing fad that has the sole purpose of offloading obsolete stock.
If they checked out Gumtree, they'd probably find superior second hand stuff, barely used in most cases, at an even bigger discount -- and without getting steamrolled by some corpulent, sweaty phuckwit on a mobility scooter.

And if you buy something at a discount, it's only a bargain if you planned to buy it anyway -- preferably to replace something, such as an old TV, that's on its last legs and keeps tripping the fuse board.
Economics 101 FFS.

If it's not broke, don't fix or replace it.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
I make a wide berth around shops (and people) today because I really have no desire to see slobs queued long before opening time and then see people act fools and barbarians to get "discounted" stuff all for the sake of an endorphin rush. The majority of sellers incrementally raise prices throughout summer and fall, and the "deep" discounts that are offered may not offer much in the way of savings at all.

What really infuriates me is shops' opening on Thanksgiving and Black Friday and poor sods who'd rather be anywhere else and enjoying time off with their families forced to work long hours to pad the year-end bottom lines of the sundry companies.

Consumerism has been driving the American economy since the end of the 1980's and the frenzy surrounding holiday "sales" is yet another nauseating example of that.

2pacs

Donator
PI Member
Two women fighting over pots, FFS.

What has the world come to?

Top Bottom