• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods Beyond Nationalism? - Speaking with Keith Woods

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
The 3 Amigos. They want it replaced with something else. Read the supporter comments in their latest discourse.

Does not the current West need to be replaced by something else? Doesn't the current order of adult males playing computer games, mass drug use, the sexes, particularly the male sex possibly, turning on the other gender, the failure to reproduce due to emotional immaturity which is becoming rampant in both sexes, the flippant and often subhuman even materialism, need to be replaced by a new order? They were not advocating it being replaced by Islam- what they were saying was that Islam which has resisted Americanization of it's soul far better than the "Christian" West of Europe has might have things to teach us.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
They have peculiar ideas of liberation. No one is saying Europe is not in need of redemption, but these boyos have left the reservation. As Chesterton said, when men stop believing in God, they do not believe in nothing, they simply move on to believing anything.

What exactly is wrong with their views?

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
No, it needs a revival, not replacement. If it is replaced it is no longer Europe, just as Turkey is no longer Byzantium. Why are you shilling for these suspect loons ?

Must people think of Greco-Roman culture when they say "Europe." That culture really has come to an end. But, Europe existed before the Greeks and the Romans, and will continue to exist when this dubious culture is gone.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
No, it needs a revival, not replacement. If it is replaced it is no longer Europe, just as Turkey is no longer Byzantium. Why are you shilling for these suspect loons ?

I am not shilling for them.

We cannot magically turn the clock back to the Christian Middle Ages- also what has immediately come before has basically led to this situation and therefore just going back to some 1950s ideal (or 1980s in the case of the ROI) even if possible would not be ultimately productive to put it charitably. You also do not seem to realize that realize that the majority of the anti-Islam crowd would be as opposed to the SSPX as they are to Islam if they took the SSPX seriously (you do not see the girls who attend SSPX chapels dressed like Seppo hookers or "going out" with non-Traditionalist Catholics- than there is the fact that when it comes a lot of things the SSPX is more illiberal than you average Muslim, remind me what is now their major sticking point with Rome?).

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
I am not shilling for them.

We cannot magically turn the clock back to the Christian Middle Ages- also what has immediately come before has basically led to this situation and therefore just going back to some 1950s ideal (or 1980s in the case of the ROI) even if possible would not be ultimately productive to put it charitably. You also do not seem to realize that realize that the majority of the anti-Islam crowd would be as opposed to the SSPX as they are to Islam if they took the SSPX seriously (you do not see the girls who attend SSPX chapels dressed like Seppo hookers or "going out" with non-Traditionalist Catholics- than there is the fact that when it comes a lot of things the SSPX is more illiberal than you average Muslim, remind me what is now their major sticking point with Rome?).

And the Christian middle ages weren't that great either. So called Christian Kings going to war with so called Popes, and millions living in abject poverty and ignorance. It was all a very far cry from the lives of the Early Christians.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
Must people think of Greco-Roman culture when they say "Europe." That culture really has come to an end. But, Europe existed before the Greeks and the Romans, and will continue to exist when this dubious culture is gone.

Europe includes a large slab of Orthodox Christian territory which has had a different history to us and has had different dynamics which it would be foolish I think to underestimate.

I don't think the West is Greco-Romano culture at all- I think that Oswald Spenglar's views on this, though controversial, are basically correct, though he underestimated the impact it did have on the West. I think that gave one element that went up to make the West, the others were Christianity- which is not really a force at all here now unlike in Russia- and the adventuring, questing Nordic-Celtic romantic spirit which we still see in the technical will to power but in little else. The technical will to power also is at it's core in conflict with Christianity at it's core.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
And the Christian middle ages weren't that great either. So called Christian Kings going to war with so called Popes, and millions living in abject poverty and ignorance. It was all a very far cry from the lives of the Early Christians.

The poverty is exaggerated- for instance your average person in England only caught up to where his ancestors in the 13 th century were in material terms in the Edwardian period. There was much more abject poverty in the Early Modern Era than there was in the High Middle Ages. This is the thing though- people tend to either completely romanticize the Middle Ages or else demonize them.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
The poverty is exaggerated- for instance your average person in England only caught up to where his ancestors in the 13 th century were in material terms in the Edwardian period. There was much more abject poverty in the Early Modern Era than there was in the High Middle Ages. This is the thing though- people tend to either completely romanticize the Middle Ages or else demonize them.

True, but there was still a lot of poverty and brutal punishments of vagrancy etc. Certainly not what Jesus died for.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
True, but there was still a lot of poverty and brutal punishments of vagrancy etc. Certainly not what Jesus died for.

No I don't think that Middle Ages was by any means perfectly in accord with the Will of God, I don't think though that such a society is possible in our Age. There were definitely things about it which we can now see were horrific however if they could see our society as it is now I am certain they would see evils in it that even the most objective critical mind among us could not see.

OP
D

Deleted member 685

Non Registered Member
No I don't think that Middle Ages was by any means perfectly in accord with the Will of God, I don't think though that such a society is possible in our Age. There were definitely things about it which we can now see were horrific however if they could see our society as it is now I am certain they would see evils in it that even the most objective critical mind among us could not see.

I agree. Human beings are not spiritually developed enough to build a real City of God. And, sadly, we seem to be regressing if anything. Btw. I think Mohammad really did believe he could build a City of God in his own time. The tribal leaders brutally proved him wrong - and to prove the point butchered his family and used his message for their own private power and profit.

Top Bottom