Bernard Henri Levy - 'Irish are the heroes of Europe, resisting populism'

blue velvet

PI Member
The French intellectual and globalist has said in an interview with the IT :

"So what will he tell the Irish? ‘That they are the heroes of Europe, a heroic people in this tempest. They are a people who resist the winds of populism.’ James Joyce was ‘a father of Europe, like Dante, like Erasmus’ "

To me this is a very backhanded compliment since Henri-Levy is such an outspoken globalist and opponent of nationalism. He has decried Brexit, describing it as the 'victory of mouldy Britain over outward-looking Britain'.

He seems to be praising the Irish for still being asleep when the rest of Europe is waking up

‘A new battle for civilisation’: Bernard-Henri Lévy’s war on populism

Speranza

Irish Forum Moderator
PI Member

"So what will he tell the Irish? ‘That they are the heroes of Europe, a heroic people in this tempest. They are a people who resist the winds of populism.’ James Joyce was ‘a father of Europe, like Dante, like Erasmus’ "

To me this is a very backhanded compliment since Henri-Levy is such an outspoken globalist and opponent of nationalism. He has decried Brexit, describing it as the 'victory of mouldy Britain over outward-looking Britain'.

He seems to be praising the Irish for still being asleep when the rest of Europe is waking up

Must be the highest fluoride,content in the water in Europe, that is keeping us sedated.

SwordOfStCatherine

PI Member

He isn't an intellectual a such, he is a trashy apologist.

While I am no fan of Erasmus there is no way he should be placed in the same category as James Joyce and comparing Joyce to Dante should be a criminal offense.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account

So this terrorist piece of shit is coming to Ireland to put on a play? I feel some protest organizing coming on....I think it would be against the rules of this site if I said what I'd actually like to do.

The Field Marshal

PI Member
Levi is yet another one of these interminable and
thoroughly over rated so called “Jewish intellectuals” full to the brim of piss and wind.

Many of the more odious Irish, suffering from their inferiority complex’s , unfortunately regard this delusional poseurs patronizing comments as having merit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom