• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

BBC to censor classic Irish music

Did you not get that his both of his parents are Irish? Very few Irish people have Chinese ancestry lol, probably none before the 20th century. You're like the Open Borders supporting Shinners and Dissos going on about James Connolly being Scottish so that they can bring in more Nigerians into the country. I guess the half Latvian half Nigerian Irish born and raised Stephen Yamslaw is more Irish than MacGowan and Connolly.
Yes well aware of his parentage. I'm asking at what point does one become a descendent of any given ethnic culture and no longer is really a native of that culture?

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Yes well aware of his parentage. I'm asking at what point does one become a descendent of any given ethnic culture and no longer is really a native of that culture?
When you intermarry out of that culture and lose the language and traditions. MacGowan has a stronger argument to claim Irishness than many others. If we can turn Nigerians into Irish overnight we can easily turn tenth generation Irish who lost their Irishness back into Irish though.

When you intermarry out of that culture and lose the language and traditions. MacGowan has a stronger argument to claim Irishness than many others. If we can turn Nigerians into Irish overnight we can easily turn tenth generation Irish who lost their Irishness back into Irish though.
No, he is a descendent with closer links to ethnic irish culture than the others you mention

OP
FightingForTheBull

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
He's entitled to believe he's from the moon. Doesn't mean anyone else has to accept his view as truth.
Many white Australians have roots in Ireland and Britain going back different amounts of generations depending on the individual. Some of them exclusively Irish. Have known people of both camps. Some are proud of their Heritage and others indifferent. But both consider themselves Australian first and foremost as that's were they were born and raised.
Your arguing captain badteeths entitlement based on second generation and raised by native Irish people, yet he was still raised, educated and immersed in a foreign culture and wasn't born on Irish soil.
Descendancy has to start somewhere?

I would very much question his entitlement on what iv outlined above along with what you have suggested as his reasons for doing so.
How can anybody on this site of all places think Shane McGowan isn't Irish. :ROFLMAO: I've never heard such nonsense in all my life. And this is the site where a BLM Hitler fanatic uses as his own personal blog.

El Chaval.

PI Member
According to the Irish constitution, if one of your grandparents is Irish, then you are an Irish citizen.
I know an Irish American with an Irish name, and who can trace all his blood line to Ireland. His father, his Grandparents, his great grandparents, were all of Irish stock who intermarried with other Irish in America. If you took his DNA, it would be probably more Irish than mine. He was refused entry to Ireland.
Yet, bearded ISIS supporting monkeys from Kazakhstan who couldn't even identify Donegal on a map are given citizenship.

Whether McGowan is Irish or not he is basically a bum who did some middling music once upon a time !

Tis a miracle he ain’t dead = = I don’t know if that qualifies him as Irish ?
An ethnic Irish bum??

I have deeply offended the Pogues and McGowan fans. I'm sorry, it won't happen again.
Shane can think of himself as he pleases.

I concede that he is Irish(ISH).

This is the best I can do.

Top Bottom