Poll #Bavariagate Has a Slaughtered Merkel killed off the EU?

Has a Slaughtered Merkel killed off the EU?

• Oh no, please please, I have to say no as I just can't take any more beatings

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dublin 4

Premium Account
Threads
Threads
The CSU are more conservative and nationalist in Bavaria than in the rest of the country. So they may eat away at some potential AfD supporters.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The CSU are more conservative and nationalist in Bavaria than in the rest of the country. So they may eat away at some potential AfD supporters.
Have you tracked the CSU's polling numbers since the last state election? They are in the sewer and are seriously bandying about the idea of a coalition with the Greens because their absolute majority ship sailed once Merkel opened the borders.

The CSU has become radioactive and the AfD and the FW have the most to gain.

Sonntagsfrage zur Landtagswahl 2018 in Bayern

Last edited:

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Germany election: Death knell for Angela Merkel rings as Bavaria heads for the polls

ANGELA Merkel’s death knell could be just around the corner as she faces another serious challenge to her grip on power when voters in Bavaria go to the polls in regional elections this weekend.

Germany election: Death knell for Angela Merkel rings as Bavaria heads for the polls

C'mon the AFD!:D
If she doesn't quit after the Bavarian election, she may be forced out after the Hessian election at month's end.

The woman wears hubris like a badge of honor.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Junkers replacement?
That's entire plausible with has-beens that need to be put out to pasture. However, I believe the EP's Christian Democratic faction (not to mention the EP faction of the AfD and their kindred) would prefer to have her hoisted on her own petard every time she appeared in Strasbourg.

Threads
That's entire plausible with has-beens that need to be put out to pasture. However, I believe the EP's Christian Democratic faction (not to mention the EP faction of the AfD and their kindred) would prefer to have her hoisted on her own petard every time she appeared in Strasbourg.
She's the next President of the EU

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Power-vacumn when she goes, no obvious successor
True for you, Colm. As she clawed her way to the top (with much connivance from the German deep state, methinks), she systematically outmaneuvered and eliminated her opponents and has dragged the party so far to the left, you can't see much difference anymore among the CDU, SPD and Greens. They've all sold Germany for 30 pieces of silver

The party's a lightning rod with her and without her, it will eventually fade into deserved obscurity.

Top Bottom