Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Bank of Ireland -No More Teller Cash Withdrawals under €700

Carlos Danger

PI Member
The Eagle of the Ninth said:
I think you're missing the point.  Older customer struggle with ATMs and as for online banking, forget it.  Even if they could figure it out, they are deeply mistrustful of it.

My elderly mother, who has a few quid from various legacies and other sources, won't even go into the local bank if "The Nasty Man" is behind the counter.  He isn't especially nasty, by the way: he's just brusque and off-hand.  Needs a Customer Service Training course.

Recently back in England after many years elsewhere, I was gobsmacked by the high level of customer orientation on display in banks,  mobile and internet providers etc.  They have done some number on them since the last time I lived in England. This is the product of Americanisation of course, but there's something to be said for it.
Not really. Live in the US. Do business with four separate banks. None of them advertise any services not provided by themselves. That said, they will aggressively try to steer you in to purchasing their own products.

capitalismrots

PI Member
Joe is going to have  field day(s) with this latest P.R disaster from the Irish banking industry. :cry:

spoilsport

Donator
PI Member
This is just the start of getting the customer to do all the banking function, to the behest of counter staff, eventually leading to cashless society.. soon there will be no banks with any staff, customers will be made to do all the functions counter staff presently carry out.. that's the bigger plan..

A slow drip, drip, drip, before they are all at it.. all in the interests of profit... feck the customer.

It has gone like the public/civil service.. the customers are there to serve the banks, not the other way round, and thus they have engineered society over the last century, for that sole purpose.

Top Bottom