• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Bank Bailout has so far cost Ireland €42 Billion with payments of €1 Billion per year

Cassandra Syndrome

PI Member

BSA

PI Member
Good reminder here...

Officially Speaking ....that's all in the past now and must be forgotten ....and never mentioned...it's like the the dinosaurs ...or the Ice Age ..

Except its not ...its hammering Irish PAYE workers daily ...

E

Eagle USA

Non Registered Member
We should have done what Iceland did and told the banksters to go fuck themselves. Instead we have incompetent lackeys like Cowen, Kenny and Fagadkar who will do whatever their EU masters tell them to do.

GodsDog

This article suggests that political decisions and mismanagement will cost us billions extra

Last edited:

gerhard dengler

The nominal value of the Irish national debt (per Dublin Finance debt clock) never reduces in almost 10 years I've checked that clock.

Debt is at £185 billion

GodsDog

GodsDog

The nominal value of the Irish national debt (per Dublin Finance debt clock) never reduces in almost 10 years I've checked that clock.

Debt is at £185 billion
There seems to be different interpretations of what we are including in the debt figures

Here's two more.

gerhard dengler

GodsDog

I've only ever followed the one debt clock, boss.
But I reckon whichever debt clock you follow the overall debt amount hasn't reduced over ,10 year period,
Well whatever their terms of reference, All seem to agree it is at least 185 billion+

You should check out the Journal article I posted.
we are all essentially in hock to the tune of 42,000+ for every man woman and child on the island
just for this debt.

And we need to refinance at current low rates or else we will be paying out billions more in interest.
Doing this might mean we could chip away at the capital itself a bit more than we are
instead of just running to stand still, paying interest on this debt forever.

whyfillaw

PI Member
perhaps a more accurate picture of the situation is in the Irish language : "Is í seo Tír na mBréag , ní Tír na n-Óg", The land of Eternal Lying, not the Land of Eternal Youth

Top Bottom