Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Orlared Balbriggan: A wonderful diverse town

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
PI Member
Anyone remember Tadgh's immigration letter? The one he drew up for us all to send to our local Reps?

(That was before he betrayed his Country. )

FF/FG/Lab in Fingal replied but not O'Reilly

SenseofDoubt

PI Member
Johannesburg has some very cheap housing , out in the shanty towns. Nice.

maybe we should construct a new town ? make some temporary sheds from crates, corrigated iron and shipping containers ? .......call it Balbrigganesburg ?
Noestto not Soweto. North East Township. A shanty town around Balbriggan.
Would certainly happen without our giveaway social welfare system.

BSA

PI Member
I was made redundant then after the crash and after 9 months my dole was stopped because my stamps were up.i then went onto dole proper and got 3euro 69 cent a week because my wife was working as a nurse.
I am standing in the post office getting 3.69 and the post office is full of scammers from all ove rthe world collecting the full dole, some never paid tax in their lives
Here's what I learned on my deeply unpleasant journey through our welfare 'system'..

There's no connection between contributions and benefit.. The foundation stone of any first world S/W system... My wife and I had nearly 60 years of full tax contributions between us. I was weeks away from €20 a week - after less than six months of meager 'benefits'!!.. before I managed to secure work..

Paying welfare, providing houses and free college to huge numbers of Africans, East Europeans.. Is absolutely destroying Ireland..while it may enrich Goodman, the Keelings and a few others it's costing us our country.. And our future..

In the end... the only real welfare provided was the welfare provided by our extended family, my wife and myself.. That's what kept us in our home and the lights on.. A government that operates for Gombeen Men and economic migrants isn't a government.

SenseofDoubt

PI Member
Balbriggan was always hairy.

In saying that, I actually pity them with what's landed on their doorstep.
I would advise anyone Irish with property in Balbriggan to get out now. It may be hard but much worse is still to come which will make it even more difficult to move.
You should never again vote for the political parties who are responsible for this enforced settlement without consultation.

The only way to stop them is to remove their power by unseating them or putting the fear into them that they will lose their seats if they don't change direction.

BSA

PI Member
Balbriggan was always hairy.

In saying that, I actually pity them with what's landed on their doorstep.
There's Irish 'hairy' and there's third world 'hairy'..

There is no comparison..

Irish hairy.. Yelling after the pubs shut, drunken squabbling outside the chipper at midnight , a car on blocks outside a house, a front garden with rubbish in it.

Third world hairy... Moped muggers, acid attacks, not a single father in an entire street of houses, looting as recreation, riots for everything and nothing, Garda cars driving away from immigrants committing crimes, FGM, brothels operating openly

cello

PI Member
There's Irish 'hairy' and there's third world 'hairy'..

There is no comparison..

Irish hairy.. Yelling after the pubs shut, drunken squabbling outside the chipper at midnight , a car on blocks outside a house, a front garden with rubbish in it.

Third world hairy... Moped muggers, acid attacks, not a single father in an entire street of houses, looting as recreation, riots for everything and nothing, Garda cars driving away from immigrants committing crimes, FGM, brothels operating openly

I'm under no illusions, the outcome would be the same in Ballsbridge.

Theres a critical mass, and it's not high, when white flight starts with good reason.

@graceland.com

PI Member
PI Member
Here's what I learned on my deeply unpleasant journey through our welfare 'system'..

There's no connection between contributions and benefit.. The foundation stone of any first world S/W system... My wife and I had nearly 60 years of full tax contributions between us. I was weeks away from €20 a week - after less than six months of meager 'benefits'!!.. before I managed to secure work..

Paying welfare, providing houses and free college to huge numbers of Africans, East Europeans.. Is absolutely destroying Ireland..while it may enrich Goodman, the Keelings and a few others it's costing us our country.. And our future..

In the end... the only real welfare provided was the welfare provided by our extended family, my wife and myself.. That's what kept us in our home and the lights on.. A government that operates for Gombeen Men and economic migrants isn't a government.
also you can be working saving for a house for years, a migrant comes in takes a minimum wage job goes on the housing list and get a house for life in a couple of years, he instantly much better of than the indigenous person who didnt qualify for council housing because he was slightly above the earning threshold, you still have no house, you have to pay all the fees for everything while the supposed cheap labour migrant gets all this for free, so in real terms he is much better of than you, and much much better off than in his own country, so much for the poor migrants.

@graceland.com

PI Member
PI Member

i was in london for years got caught in the crash there, went to the US for a year but always wanted to come back to ireland, came back in 1994
with very little money so tried to go on the dole till i got sorted, i was refused the dole because the deciding officer said i had been working in america and had money, i had stamps paid ireland before i went to london i appealed the decision and won after a few months, this guy was extremely hostile and basically wanted me to leave ireland again. So much for refugees and immigrant's welcome

Reactions: BSA
Top Bottom