Asylum seekers bound for Kenmare

Una

Donator
PI Member
Asylum seekers bound for Kenmare

The Kerryman (South Kerry Edition) | 31 Oct 2018 | BY SINEAD KELLEHER

UP to 80 asylum seekers will arrive in Kenmare in the next two weeks, the Department of Justice has confirmed.

The Atlantic Lodge Hotel in Kenmare, which is located on the outskirts of the town, has been identified as a new accommodation centre for the asylum seekers.

It is not known if the new asylum seekers will be male or female but it is understood that they are asylum seekers without families, The Kerryman has learned.

The centre, which has been closed for almost 15 years, is now to reopen to house asylum seekers seeking international protection in Ireland.

The new centre is to be operated by Millstreet Equestrian Services, who already operate a similar centre in Killarney.

The Atlantic Lodge will be one of six direct provision centres in Kerry housing asylum seekers.

In the most recent published report from the Reception and Integration Agency (RIA) responsible for housing asylum seekers, there were 250 asylum seekers in Kerry as of the end of 2016.

The five existing Direct Provision Centres include three in Killarney – Park Road, Atlas House and Linden House and two in Tralee – the Johnston Marina and Atlas House Tralee.

Linden House was at the centre of controversy last year when asylum seekers arrived to the venue without any official notification to the community.

The Department of Justice refused to confirm the exact numbers coming to Kenmare but said the centre has a capacity of 80.

The contract for the centre is for one year, according to the Department of Justice.

PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

If they are "asylum seekers without families", then they will be predominantly single men.

Private operators who run hostel-style accommodation for asylum seekers received €62 million from the State last year.

State paid private firms €60m to house asylum seekers last year

Kershaw, this is beyond belief, there has to be a backlash in Kerry now..
Is this the 37th ?!! As Rooskey in Leitrim, announced just the other day, was the 36th !!! Asylum Centre, in 18 Counties..!
A Real Plantation.

The Doc

PI Member
I don't believe demos or protests are the answer. I believe there should be a register in every town which the 3rd world is being dumped in, where everyone in the town should be asked if they support this or not. It's not difficult to do, it's as simple as a few lads and a clipboard knocking on all the houses in town asking people if they are against this, to put their name and signature on the register. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of people will be against this, so people won't be afraid to add their name to the list

The Doc

PI Member
Once this is done, this register should be taken to the local TD, if they don't speak out against this then Make it clear that next election, people won't be voting for them because that TD supports the destruction of that local community, and the modern plantation of Ireland!

Bustedshaun

Donator
PI Member
The general population won't get it until it's too late.

charlie D

PI Member
I don't believe demos or protests are the answer. I believe there should be a register in every town which the 3rd world is being dumped in, where everyone in the town should be asked if they support this or not. It's not difficult to do, it's as simple as a few lads and a clipboard knocking on all the houses in town asking people if they are against this, to put their name and signature on the register. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of people will be against this, so people won't be afraid to add their name to the list
They did this with the Kilkenny Mosque , over 1000 signatures against it , made no difference . Ideally the best way to go is to get people into Dail
that will work against these centres , wont be easy though

The Doc

PI Member
They did this with the Kilkenny Mosque , over 1000 signatures against it , made no difference . Ideally the best way to go is to get people into Dail
that will work against these centres , wont be easy though
I agree and that's why I said, if the TD does nothing, then the people of these towns should vote these traitors out next election and vote in people who have Ireland's interests at heart. Whether its the national party, Irexit or independents

Una

Donator
PI Member
The locals protested in Killarney, as Albanian, Iraqi and Indian men were Dumped in Killarney.
I've reached the end of the road with this news for Kenmare, something has to be done.
This from Decembe 2017.
Protesters raise concerns over newly opened asylum centre in Killarney

A group of around 30 people, a small number of whom were parents of children attending nearby schools, protested outside a reception centre in Killarney Co Kerry today where the first of 55 men seeking international protection arrived.
I think we need to contact the Haely-Raes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom