• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Asteroid to come very close to Earth during April

Anderson

PI Member
Asteroid the size of Mount Everest set to fly by Earth next month that is 'large enough to cause global effects' in the unlikely event it collides with our planet
  • NASA discovered an asteroid in 1998 that is half the size to Mount Everest
  • It will make a flyby of Earth next month, coming within 3,908,791 miles
  • However, experts say it is not estimated that it will collide with Earth

An asteroid half the size of Mount Everest is heading towards Earth next month, but scientists say it is not expected to collide with us.

The object, called 52768 (1998 OR2), is 1 to 2.5 miles wide and will pass within 3,908,791 miles, moving at 19,461 miles per hour.

The asteroid was first discovered by NASA in 1998, and is said to be 'large enough to cause global effects' if it were to hit Earth.

The flyby is expected for Wednesday, April 29 at 4:56 AM ET, according to NASA's Center for Near Earth Object Studies that tracks Near-Earth Objects (NEAT) that could collide with Earth.

2020 is shaping up to be some year!

sighthound

PI Member
I hope it hits us head on and turn the world upside down and finishes the cruel human race. all the cruelty to animals the greed the ignorant the vile and the migrants all dead and gone and the earth reverting back to nature with no humans at all . All domestic pets will have died so what ever survives inherits the earth. I hope its just the fish and all other animals who have known poaching and cruelty are gone forever so there can be nothing to be cruel to,. today ireland is celebrating 20,000 live cattle deal to algeria 20,000 cattle live export to a horrendous halal death what sort of Dolly Parton fans are we?

McQueen

PI Member
The EU monopoly money really will be the doom of us all!

A weapon system capable of stopping this thing in its tracks has been available since the late 70ā€™s, but every time I try to start up the machine it just spits the Euro back out and says insert coin. ohhhhhhhhhhh

Top Bottom