Art of the Anglo-Zionist Empire: A World Screams under the Jackboot of Greed

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member

Finished Symphony

PI Member
That's what happens at places like Abu Ghraib when proper oversight is missing. So-called 'good people' just do whatever the hell they like.

Last edited:

parentheses

PI Member
I read somewhere that some of the jailers at Abu Ghraib had previously worked in the US prison system.

So maybe some of the brutality at Abu Ghraib was an extension of the stuff that happens to Americans in the American prison system.

OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
I read somewhere that some of the jailers at Abu Ghraib had previously worked in the US prison system.

So maybe some of the brutality at Abu Ghraib was an extension of the stuff that happens to Americans in the American prison system.

I wouldn't be surprised. Over 4,700 prisoners die in US prisons every year. No doubt, many of them from abuse.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
I remember living in Boston and going out for coffee with my girlfriend at the time, on a Sunday morning I think it was, and seeing those Abu Graib photos on the front page of the NYT. It's one of those instances that get frozen in time in your mind. It's amazing how normal that level of depravity has become now.

Adrian

PI Member
I remember living in Boston and going out for coffee with my girlfriend at the time, on a Sunday morning I think it was, and seeing those Abu Graib photos on the front page of the NYT. It's one of those instances that get frozen in time in your mind. It's amazing how normal that level of depravity has become now.
Lived in Boston myself. Great place and people. That's the idea I reckon, desensitize people .

Art

Donator
PI Member
I wouldn't be surprised. Over 4,700 prisoners die in US prisons every year. No doubt, many of them from abuse.
Death rates for US prisoners are on the whole comparable with death rates for those non incarcerated. The exceptions being black males, where prison is actually the safer option (thought to be because of far better access to health care), and women where the prison death rate is slightly higher.

The US has certainly gone through a period where the incarceration rate has rocketed. Between 1925 and 1973 the rate was relatively stable at approximately 110 per 100,000 U.S. residents. In the 1970s, the number of people imprisoned in the United States grew exponentially. In 2004, the rate of incarceration in state prisons, local jails, federal prisons, and other facilities was 737 per 100,000 in the United States, which is 6.7 times the rate before 1974 (International Centre for Prison Studies 2007). Taking gender into account there were just under 1000 males locked up in 2002 per 100,000 population. Looking at race the incarceration rate of Hispanic males was almost triple that of white males; and for black males, the rate was more than two and a half times that of Hispanic males.

The moral of the story being when in America be very careful not to break any laws. They will lock you up as soon as look at you.

Last edited:
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member

Paintings by Colombian artist Fernando Botero from his Abu Ghraib collection.

Top Bottom