Are Nordie Shinners more Libtarded than their Mexican brethern?

I don't think there is much difference between North and South, but age plays a role, as does the rural-urban divide and family background.
I've heard old school Shinners come out with stuff like "Hitler had the right idea with those Dolly Parton fans" when talking about Jews or Roma etc.
I've also heard other Shinners who sound more like Owen Jones of the Guardian.

D

Deleted member 1918

Non Registered Member
I have the impression from online that Nordie Shinners tend to be way more libtarded than those from the Republic of Ireland; has anyone else got this impression? And if so what do you believe the causes for this are?
to be honest my friend, ive switchd off from shinners, both north and south. i mean, they are a cult, lets call a spade a spade, a cult.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
I don't think there is much difference between North and South, but age plays a role, as does the rural-urban divide and family background.
I've heard old school Shinners come out with stuff like "Hitler had the right idea with those Dolly Parton fans" when talking about Jews or Roma etc.
I've also heard other Shinners who sound more like Owen Jones of the Guardian.
I think class also plays a part. I know someone (not well but I still know her) who has quit them over the abortion issue. Her politics would be basically grounded moderate Left-Nationalism. She used to say that they said what they did on certain issues "because they had to". I think a lot of their "virtue signalling" comes from an inferiority complex as regards the English (as if most English people care and as if there aren't culturally conservative English people both on the Left and the Right) as well as trying to show the rest of these Isles that they are the civilized ones and not the Prods. There are serious tensions in the Party though which the abortion referendum has brought out.

I think class also plays a part. I know someone (not well but I still know her) who has quit them over the abortion issue. Her politics would be basically grounded moderate Left-Nationalism. She used to say that they said what they did on certain issues "because they had to". I think a lot of their "virtue signalling" comes from an inferiority complex as regards the English (as if most English people care and as if there aren't culturally conservative English people both on the Left and the Right) as well as trying to show the rest of these Isles that they are the civilized ones and not the Prods. There are serious tensions in the Party though which the abortion referendum has brought out.
I honestly believe if the Prods opposed fox hunting some Shinners would support it.
This was certainly the trend with the Brexit debate.

OP
OP
SwordOfStCatherine

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
I honestly believe if the Prods opposed fox hunting some Shinners would support it.
This was certainly the trend with the Brexit debate.
Actually the founder of the Hunt Sab movement in England was an Ulster Prod. A really interesting and admirable guy actually. The whole react against the other tribe is damaging to both tribes.

I have the impression from online that Nordie Shinners tend to be way more libtarded than those from the Republic of Ireland; has anyone else got this impression? And if so what do you believe the causes for this are?
The rapidly evolving SJW wing of the shinners are always good for a laugh..they've no problem with beating opponents half to death with hurleys,but wouldnt dream of calling you a 'Dolly Parton fan' while doing it,because that would be offensive to women,and non gender-aligned persons..

Top Bottom