Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Archbishop 'horrified' over 'new language of racism' in Ireland

IrishJohn

PI Member

The Archbishop of Dublin has voiced his concern over the "emergence of a new language of racism" in Ireland.

Dr Diarmuid Martin made the remarks in his homily at the Church of St Joseph the Artisan, Bonnybrook, Dublin, to mark the beginning of Advent today.

Dr Martin said: "I think of the emergence of a new language of racism, at times understated in its expression but just as nasty in its effects on men and women who need our help, our care and our respect.

"I am horrified to find traces of such racism among believers. The terms 'refugee' and 'asylum seeker' should only arouse heartfelt concern in the Christian heart."

Dr Martin described Advent as a "season of hope" and a time to reflect on the "coming of Jesus Christ into human history".

While speaking of the Phrophets who, he said, had experienced "injustice and sin", Dr Martin said that Christians of "every generation" should be "attentive to where society is slipping into wrong ways".

Dr Martin also spoke of the plight of the homeless and those suffering because of "poverty, intolerance and discrimination, suffering and anxiety".

Referring to gang-related violence and the "business of death that is the drug trade", Dr Martin warned against a culture that "would determine that one life has less value than another".

He added: "The message of Advent is the confident message of Emmanuel, that still today God is with us to save us."

Karloff

PI Member
It's interesting, like ducks on a field reacting to a nearby person all the establishment turn their heads at once and react the same way. Suddenly out of the blue as if choreographed the Irish establishment has begun talking about hate speech (and aggressively pushing replacement where before the media mostly ignored it) over the last 2 months.

If this Archbishop is Catholicism then i think this country has no use for Catholicism.

The establishments goon, the likes of him make the catholic church more irrelevant every single day. Liberalism and globalism is completely secular and this dope throws his lot in with them.

The only religions the globalists want are the ones that are followed without question........

blue velvet

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
I've just about had it with the Catholic church. What good are they?

God knows we don't need more church bashers in this country, but it's hard to defend this cuckery.

And we have Pope Cuck working to open Europe's borders.

Top Bottom