Archaeologists uncover more proof of Jewish rule in Jerusalem

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Despite Palestinian and UNESCO efforts to remove the Jewish indigenous history in Israel, particularly Jerusalem, the evidence keeps showing up in archeological digs. It’s why Israelis want to keep digging, and Palestinians oppose any digging, particularly in the area of the Temple Mount and Western Wall.

One seeks the truth, the other is afraid of the truth.

During the recent UN General Assembly vote condemning Trump’s decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Danny Danon, Israeli Ambassador to the UN, held up an ancient coin found during the excavations at the City of David in the Old City of Jerusalem

Archeologists uncover more proof of Jewish rule in Jerusalem during First Temple era

2,700-year-old clay artifact discovered near Western Wall bearing Hebrew inscription “governor of the city”

It's accepted by everyone that Hebrews did rule in Jerusalem 2,700 years ago and that they did practice a primitive form of Judaism. Just as it's entirely accepted that the Celts ruled Switzerland 2,000 year. No Palestinian ever attempted to refute either claim. But, I'll let you in on a little secret that it seems Donald Trump should be worried about - it's far less than 2,000 years ago since the Lenape ruled Manhattan. And he better watch out for his Key Largo resort too....at least according to your "logic."

Lenape - Wikipedia

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
LOL you hate Christian Palestinians being mentioned don't you roc ?

Why do you always try to smear them ?

Why is George Habash any different from the Jewish terrorists like Begin , Ben-Gurion, etc who went on to become leaders of the Israeli state ?

Zionist political violence - Wikipedia

Because roc is a racist, pro-Apartheid, Anti-Semite.

roc_

Sure. Any terrorist scum who attacks Israel is a "legend" to you. That's no surprise to anyone.

But back to reality. Let's hear a real Christian, a Palestinian Christian woman from Bethlehem (granted political asylum in Britain due to threats on her life after she criticized Palestinian terrorism) talk about it.

Let's hear from someone with a bit of moral authority, credibility, intelligence, and who is not demented and obsessed with "evil Zionists" as you and your cronies are.

What does a respectable person have to say about it.

It's accepted by everyone that Hebrews did rule in Jerusalem 2,700 years ago and that they did practice a primitive form of Judaism. Just as it's entirely accepted that the Celts ruled Switzerland 2,000 year. No Palestinian ever attempted to refute either claim. But, I'll let you in on a little secret that it seems Donald Trump should be worried about - it's far less than 2,000 years ago since the Lenape ruled Manhattan. And he better watch out for his Key Largo resort too....at least according to your "logic."

Lenape - Wikipedia
Some of the "Old Testament minimalists" actually date "Judaism" and the formation of the Hebrews from the time of Ezra and Nehemiah and believe that the historical writings in Judges, Joshua and Kings was entirely made up and the product in essence of the Persian Empire creating a people for their own political purposes. Anyway the real problem for people who take his fundamentalist literalist approach to the Bible is that there is absolutely no proof of the wandering in the wilderness or the conquest of the land as described in the Book of Joshua- more than that in terms of pottery, etc there doesn't seem to anything outside of the absence of pig bones to separate Yahwehist from other Canaanite villages, which creates problems because surely a long stay in Egypt would have influenced the styles of such things? Most main line scholars today believe that ancient Israel emerged from a Canaanite matrix and the Book of Joshua was written by a hard line Yahwehist as a work to drive home the need for separation from the worshippers of Baal, etc. Anyway as you say none of this has any bearing on contemporary politics. I do though believe that there was a migration from Egypt, there was a historical Moses, but it was on a vastly smaller scale than described in the Books of Exodus and Numbers- I think the Levites were the only Israelite group that probably went through these experiences. However who knows?

I'm sure the Palestinians aren't against archaeology but the reality is these digs are used to limit Palestinian movements at Al Aqsa, their most holy site.

They are rightly suspicious of zionazi maneuvering and the project to take Al Aqsa off them and give it to the nutter zionazis from NYC and Russia who want to build a synagogue they say was there 4,000 years ago.
To be fair, the tomb of Moses is buried directly under the Al Aqsa mosque, making it a Hole site to jews and Christians too.

To be fair, the tomb of Moses is buried directly under the Al Aqsa mosque, making it a Hole site to jews and Christians too.
Moses doesn't have a tomb.

So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. And he buried him in the valley in the land of Moab over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.—Deuteronomy 34:5-6.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Sure. Any terrorist scum who attacks Israel is a "legend" to you. That's no surprise to anyone.

But back to reality. Let's hear a real Christian, a Palestinian Christian woman from Bethlehem (granted political asylum in Britain due to threats on her life after she criticized Palestinian terrorism) talk about it.

Let's hear from someone with a bit of moral authority, credibility, intelligence, and who is not demented and obsessed with "evil Zionists" as you and your cronies are.

What does a respectable person have to say about it.

If roc says someone has "authority, credibility, intelligence," you can be sure they're nothing but a bought whore.

roc_

If roc says someone has "authority, credibility, intelligence," you can be sure they're nothing but a bought whore.
Why don't you have a listen and give us your informed verdict?

I'm sure you'll find she's short on the ignorant, prejudiced, bloodthirsty, obsessive, totalitarian vitriol that is your trademark.

If so would that mark her out as a "bought whore"?

I found her fair, honest and with a worthwhile integrity. But that's just me.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Why don't you have a listen and give us your informed verdict?

I'm sure you'll find she's short on the ignorant, prejudiced, bloodthirsty, obsessive, totalitarian vitriol that is your trademark.

If so would that mark her out as a "bought whore"?

I found her fair, honest and with a worthwhile integrity. But that's just me.

One needs to have integrity before one can recognise it in others. You don't.