Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Aodhan O Riordain who was in favour of Seanad abolition now seeking to run as Seanad Candidate

RockingRock

PI Member
@AodhanORiordain

I can confirm that I'm seeking @labour nomination to run as a candidate in the upcoming Seanad election.

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain

And then back in 2013 Deputy Aodhan O Riordain on abolishing the Seanad - He was in favour of Seanad abolition. Here is the video in Dail:

Nothing has changed, total hypocrites in my view. These people have nothing but pure contempt for our politics and the people of this country.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Awful creature.

These guys are all supine careerists. It wouldn't occur to them to engage in a lil' introspection. A little sobering thought as to why the electorate gave them a thumping? No, before the ink is dry on the results, they are feverishly plotting new ways they can play the system and get back onto the bandwagon. If that blockhead gets back in, it'll just be confirmation No. 56778990 that the institutions of state are rancid to the bone.

Mrscross

PI Member
These guys are all supine careerists. It wouldn't occur to them to engage in a lil' introspection. A little sobering thought as to why the electorate gave them a thumping? No, before the ink is dry on the results, they are feverishly plotting new ways they can play the system and get back onto the bandwagon. If that blockhead gets back in, it'll just be confirmation No. 56778990 that the institutions of state are rancid to the bone.
Totally true, they only ever say what you want to hear.

I wonder how many voted Yes in the marriage referendum, not because of their deep help beliefs but because it would benefit them in their careers.

OP
RockingRock

RockingRock

PI Member
I still cant understand why the Irish people voted to keep the seanad, we made a big mistake handing these people a retirement home.

Friedrich Paulus

PI Member
OMG! A Politician moved his lips, and out popped a Porkie Pie..

Ó'Riordáin would probably have been more suitable as a Senator than a TD, in a 32 County Republic. However, there should be a Law preventing people who run for election and get rejected, and then within a week announcing that that they're skipping the dole queue, ignoring the will of the people whose mandate they sought, and are seeking a seat in Government regardless..

Ren84

PI Member
Well done Ireland on preserving this cancerous institution called the Seanad. Already we see the scumbag BritDowell announcing his intention to get "elected" to the upper house. We had a golden opportunity to rid ourselves of this poisonous taking house and we bottled in. Take a bow people of Ireland.

Belgrade

Donator
PI Member
Well done Ireland on preserving this cancerous institution called the Seanad. Already we see the scumbag BritDowell announcing his intention to get "elected" to the upper house. We had a golden opportunity to rid ourselves of this poisonous taking house and we bottled in. Take a bow people of Ireland.
Im sure they would have made us vote again if the result didn't go the way they wanted .

Top Bottom