• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Ireland Anti-Lockdown Candidate for Dublin Bay South By Election

false flag

PI Member
Sep 9, 2020
I would say candidates have to endure a significant level of vitriol when canvassing.

Canvassing on the door step is difficult, even for those who are not candidates but who are working for the candidate.

Calling without invite at voters' doors is an out of date and unwelcome practice, but of course you won't hear TDs vowing to introduce legislation banning it any time soon.
What's needed is for candidates to publicise their website, encouraging voters to invite candidates around so the voters can qualify their suitability, and consider would they be a trustworthy member for the constituency.

Last edited:

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Mar 17, 2016
I commend people who put themselves up for election, even those who's party and policies I vehemently oppose.
I don't. The country needs nasty politicians with nasty policies like a hole in the head. I'm in no mood for congeniality given the state of the country and tolerance for people who, quite frankly, would cut my throat, if given the chance, is at a minimum.

Clarke-Connolly

PI Member
Jun 7, 2020
I would say candidates have to endure a significant level of vitriol when canvassing.

Canvassing on the door step is difficult, even for those who are not candidates but who are working for the candidate.
How much actual canvassing do FFG / Lab / Greens actually do. I mean even before Covid. I’d say they canvass in there own popular areas ~ maybe just to get some Photos.

When was the last time anyone was actually canvassed by any of those parties ~ I mean before Covid.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
How much actual canvassing do FFG / Lab / Greens actually do. I mean even before Covid. I’d say they canvass in there own popular areas ~ maybe just to get some Photos.

When was the last time anyone was actually canvassed by any of those parties ~ I mean before Covid.

In our constituency we only get a visit from candidates and their crew, before local elections and general elections.

gerhard dengler

PI Member
Sep 6, 2018
For once, I agree with you. The problem this time is that any candidate calling to a door could actually lose a vote for doing so. I hope to get away with street canvasses, with handing people literature and canvassing them in the streets and outdoor venues without knocking on a door. I might even play my accordion up along streets.

So I take it that you're hoping to attract electoral support from this forum?

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
Feb 14, 2018
~I see no problem with anybody doing it, never have. I am broadminded, always have been, not narrowminded like Barrett and the NP. And BTW NP will hardly get 100 votes in DBS - unless Barrett runs himself - I'd love if he did, to give him a proper hiding at the polls. I have a kilt by the way:)
Tell me what's the big crime in transvestism or homosexuality?
The NP. That's your other weird obsession. I reckon you and the dried up old slag cultural marxists spend more time thinking about them than even any of their candidates.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Mar 17, 2016
The NP. That's your other weird obsession. I reckon you and the dried up old slag cultural marxists spend more time thinking about them than even any of their candidates.
Betchya when Reynolds chucked him out of that meeting they didn't realise they'd roused a terrible giant. An SS gruppenfuhrer "Glitter Hole" fan who likes cross dressing mind you. But a terrible giant nevertheless.

MichaelMcGrath

PI Member
Dec 29, 2016
James Reynolds never "chucked" me out of the Waterford meeting. He's a gentleman and I was friendly with him. I walked out of that meeting because of the Goofy fella (Paul Conroy) in black uniform goosestepping up and down the floor. Ask James. I have no idea about your "gruppenfuhrer" panti fantasy, you must be a Rory O'Neill type?
Former Cllr. Melissa O'Neill drove me to that meeting and I bade adieu to her before I walked out - ask her too.