• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Anti-irish racism & Propaganda. From da Brits and elsewhere.

OP
F
and if the Labour Party have just been done for AntiSemitism, can the Conservatives get done for an anti Irish bias ? and you can include the BBC as part of the anti irish problem.

they are the Conservative & Unionist Party, after all.

roc_

PI Member
:rolleyes: One would suspect this thread is just a cover for racists.

Here's a better question. Cite the consequences of anti Irish racism and propaganda.

Like back in the day how the lives of young Irish immigrants to Birmingham and elsewhere were impacted. Or today how Muslims daily run the gauntlet in many areas due to prejudice and hate against them stoked by internet propaganda.

I'm struggling to think of any parallels today where Irish people suffer from actual consequences of anti Irish racism.

Anyone help me out?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
You will recall around the time of An Gorta Mór and thereabouts there were caricatures and representations of the irish that would be illegal today.

I have seen Victorian cartoons that have the irish represented by pigs, baboons, gorillas and various other slanders.

And certainly during the Troubles in Ulster, there was a Bernard Manning type nudge nudge wink wink portrayal of the irish as violent, drunken, stupid, lazy and superstitious. Even Fawlty Towers had a lazy stupid irish builder who contrasted with the tie-wearing Englishman. I understand that sectarianism is not only to be found in Ibrox stadium. Australia has a long history of anti-irish rhetoric such as the response of the State to the likes of Ned Kelly.

Anyway, contributions please.

The anti Irish caricatures historically promoted by the English speaking press are inspired largely by Protestant bigotry against Catholicism.
[The truly virulent publication known as "The Irish Times" maintains that tradition to this very day]

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Last edited:

El Chaval.

PI Member

Here's a better question. Cite the consequences of anti Irish racism and propaganda.

Like back in the day how the lives of young Irish immigrants to Birmingham and elsewhere were impacted. Or today how Muslims daily run the gauntlet in many areas due to prejudice and hate against them stoked by internet propaganda.

I'm struggling to think of any parallels today where Irish people suffer from actual consequences of anti Irish racism.

Anyone help me out?
Currently the ghastly death score is several thousand dead Europeans to Islam, and zero Muslim deaths to angry internet posts.

OP
F

Anyone help me out?
An Gorta Mór. Get a translator to help you out.

The Troubles..... 30 years of madness and more than three thousand deaths. All because of an anti irish racism.

are those answers big enough for you ?

Last edited:

El Chaval.

PI Member
The anti Irish caricatures historically promoted by the English speaking press are inspired largely by Protestant bigotry against Catholicism.
[The truly virulent publication known as "The Irish Times" maintains that tradition to this very day]
In my lifetime, per capita, unarmed Irish Catholics were more likely to be killed by the British police, than unarmed blacks killed by U.S police.

@graceland.com

PI Member

Anyone help me out?
If your that interested do your own research, and I think you need to going by your last post

Eriugena

PI Member

Anyone help me out?
In London, a couple of minor incidents, but one which could have turned real nasty on the Victoria line platform in King's Cross one Saturday afternoon.

Top Bottom