• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Anti-irish racism & Propaganda. From da Brits and elsewhere.

You will recall around the time of An Gorta Mór and thereabouts there were caricatures and representations of the irish that would be illegal today.

I have seen Victorian cartoons that have the irish represented by pigs, baboons, gorillas and various other slanders.

And certainly during the Troubles in Ulster, there was a Bernard Manning type nudge nudge wink wink portrayal of the irish as violent, drunken, stupid, lazy and superstitious. Even Fawlty Towers had a lazy stupid irish builder who contrasted with the tie-wearing Englishman. I understand that sectarianism is not only to be found in Ibrox stadium. Australia has a long history of anti-irish rhetoric such as the response of the State to the likes of Ned Kelly.

Anyway, contributions please.

Zosimus

PI Member
Who cares? I thought part of the point being an independent country was that we could stop focusing on Britain's degradation and denigration of poor Paddy and focus on ourselves instead? Or perhaps we should petition to rejoin the union so that we can have occasion to talk about this kind of thing in perpetuity?

But since you asked...

764ad51d663237b0883102963d867738.md.jpg

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Newstalk to suspend advertising on Facebook in protest against 'hateful content ' being hosted there.

Communicorp Media will donate its social media advertising budget for July to the Irish Network Against Racism (INAR).

The “Stop Hate for Profit” campaign is organised by the Anti-Defamation League, the NAACP, and other organisations who are advocating that businesses help them to ‘hit pause on hate’ by pausing their paid advertising activities on Facebook platforms for the month of July.

Zosimus

PI Member
The peculiar fact about the Irishman is that he tends to be sentimentalised or calumniated in disproportion to his merits or lack of them. Perhaps the Irishman is simply a man, like you or I? Perhaps not.

Ireland is either a mystical symbol (I was really astonished and stirred on a deep level to see someone on twitter call Ireland 'the pineal gland of Europe') or a by-word for vulgar twaddle and barbarism. This country doesn't make sense unless you think of it a magical and possibly holy land.

Last edited:

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
You will recall around the time of An Gorta Mór and thereabouts there were caricatures and representations of the irish that would be illegal today.

I have seen Victorian cartoons that have the irish represented by pigs, baboons, gorillas and various other slanders.

And certainly during the Troubles in Ulster, there was a Bernard Manning type nudge nudge wink wink portrayal of the irish as violent, drunken, stupid, lazy and superstitious. Even Fawlty Towers had a lazy stupid irish builder who contrasted with the tie-wearing Englishman. I understand that sectarianism is not only to be found in Ibrox stadium. Australia has a long history of anti-irish rhetoric such as the response of the State to the likes of Ned Kelly.

And it's very sad to see the Irish thickos licking the arse of the Anglo-Saxon and trying to pretend he is now one of the gang by using the very same racist tropes against Africans as were used against him. The Slave Mentality posing as Irish Nationalism.

Newstalk to suspend advertising on Facebook in protest against 'hateful content ' being hosted there.

The Jews have been working on censoring the Internet for decade now. Same happened to radio back in the day.

That they've convinced every business in the West to put out the propaganda for them is remarkable. In fact, they're likely making money in the process in the form of donations.

TW Tone

PI Member

I like the cartoon.
Paddy in 1799?
I wonder how old is that word.
Funny, but it never caught on in the US.

Karloff

PI Member
The Jews have been working on censoring the Internet for decade now. Same happened to radio back in the day.

That they've convinced every business in the West to put out the propaganda for them is remarkable. In fact, they're likely making money in the process in the form of donations.
They are the most censorious race of all time, and it kills everything good in a country.

They have their own country now, did people at the time that would be the end of it? The whole world is their country in their view.

Top Bottom