Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Another homosexual elected to Dáil Éireann

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
This is probably because homosexual males are more religious, on average, than the general population.

Political extremism is just transmuted religiosity.

I agree that political extremism often transmuted religiosity. However you see this also the politics of people who are politically mainstream such as Mercurial and Emily Davison. I am surprised by your links- this is not an area that I have done research into. However there is Religion and there is Religion- someone who would be attracted by happy clappy pop Evangelicalism might not be at all attracted to auld licht Presbyterian pietism or Confessional Lutheranism.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
That's semantics, you know the point that's being made - check the census figures.
Which is precisely what I was saying, if you actually think about it.

Hitchcock

DEPORTED
It is not "semantics". I am far from being a hyper-critic heresy hunter, indeed objectively speaking I am if anything rather liberal when it comes to Religious questions, however in order to be a Catholic it is not enough to tick a box on a census form, you have to at the very least believe in the Nicene Creed. If you believe in reincarnation and that Jesus was just some fluffy bunny human person and not the Second Person of the Uncreated Trinity Incarnate you are not a Catholic.

Do you know who Greg Johnson is? He is the intellectual leader of Anglosphere "White Nationalism" and a raging homosexualist. Have you never heard of Ernst Rohm, Michael Kuhnen and Nicky Crane? There are plenty more where they came from.
It is not "semantics".
I'm afraid it is.

however in order to be a Catholic it is not enough to tick a box on a census form, you have to at the very least believe in the Nicene Creed.
You can set that bar all you like but it's irrelevant to the issue we're discussing. I didn't suggest that all these people are bible thumping catholics, it's become more a cultural thing, thankfully.

Do you know who Greg Johnson is? He is the intellectual leader of Anglosphere "White Nationalism" and a raging homosexualist. Have you never heard of Ernst Rohm, Michael Kuhnen and Nicky Crane? There are plenty more where they came from.
And what exactly does this prove?

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
You can set that bar all you like but it's irrelevant to the issue we're discussing. I didn't suggest that all these people are bible thumping catholics, it's become more a cultural thing, thankfully.
I was setting the bar incredibly low. Catholicism is a Religion with Dogmas.

Karloff

PI Member
I expect Byrne was coached on what to say to be sure of an RTÉ News soundbite. Some gays can be actually be extremely racist.

In libtard world a new standard of 'racism' is saying on dating apps you aren't interested in another ethnicity.

I do find it interesting that both among the 'alt right' and the Islamics - the hatred of gays seems to trump everything. They are accused here on this thread of being both white nationalist extremists and libtard extremists.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
In libtard world a new standard of 'racism' is saying on dating apps you aren't interested in another ethnicity.

I do find it interesting that both among the 'alt right' and the Islamics - the hatred of gays seems to trump everything. They are accused here on this thread of being both white nationalist extremists and libtard extremists.

They swing both ways....

I don't think the Irish population is generally Catholic at all. I am surprised that you see it as so.

He produced a link to back up his claim. Also people engaged in homosexual lifestyles are disproportionately attracted to things such Neo-Nazism which would suggest that they would be also "normally" racist more than average. Than there is the fact that very often sinful racism and narcissism are very much interconnected.
Are you sure it's not just the Hugo Boss uniforms they are attracted to ?

Did you ever hear of the Pink swastika ? was something that was pushed decades back, obviously looks political rather then historic and would not be allowed discuss today, but I thought it funny at least when i read about it.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Are you sure it's not just the Hugo Boss uniforms they are attracted to ?

Did you ever hear of the Gay swastika ? was something that was pushed decades back, obviously looks political rather then historic and would not be allowed discuss today, but I thought it funny at least when i read about it.
A lot of the propaganda against the Nazis from both the Communists and the Social Democrats was deeply what we would call today "homophobic"- and the SA which Hitler crushed in 1934 but played a major part in the pre-government Hitler movement was led by an open homosexualist and attracted very many homosexual men. After the SA was crushed the Hitler regime publically became anti-homosexualist. I read the Pink Swastika ages of ages ago- I thought it made some interesting points but often was rather strained.

Top Bottom