Another great franchise ruined by political correctness

GodsDog

PI Member
You know that the writers have got it badly wrong when people are hoping that the bad guys win in each episode. The dislikeable main character seemed to be an intentional. It was laughable to see a Mary Sue character ( Mary Sue - Wikipedia ) trying to be Vulcan and failing badly and then being called upon to solve every problem. I suppose this is much like normal people pretending to be geniuses. When normal people try to write genius characters they typically get it wrong because they write cliches rather than characters.

Even the spore drive thing was nicked from Dune. You just know that these bozos hated Star Trek and decided to turn it into SJWs in Space. In the first series, they managed to write a good character with Tilley (the newbie) but completely messed it up in the second. In some ways, this is the logical outcome of the "medal for everyone" mentality approach to writing.
yeah, give me the old school sexist genius characters any day!!:ROFLMAO:

jmcc

PI Member
yeah, give me the old school sexist genius characters any day!!:ROFLMAO:

She's the reason Obama became POTUS. Amazing the things for which Star Trek is responsible. :)

GodsDog

PI Member
She's the reason Obama became POTUS. Amazing the things for which Star Trek is responsible. :)
I don't get his reasoning!

sees woman with enormous tits acting poorly.....decides to become president?!?! :ROFLMAO:

jmcc

PI Member
I don't get his reasoning!

sees woman with enormous tits acting poorly.....decides to become president?!?! :ROFLMAO:
Jeri Ryan was married to Jack Ryan who, in 2004, ran against Obama for a US Republican Senate seat. The election was influenced when previously sealed court documents about their divorce were published and the marriage didn't survive the stresses that filming Star Trek Voyager put on it. Obama won the election.

GodsDog

PI Member
Jeri Ryan was married to Jack Ryan who, in 2004, ran against Obama for a US Republican Senate seat. The election was influenced when previously sealed court documents about their divorce were published and the marriage didn't survive the stresses that filming Star Trek Voyager put on it. Obama won the election.
ah ok! :ROFLMAO:

An insider has claimed that at the start of the film Bond – who retired at the end of Spectre – will return to MI6 and will be introduced to 007 – only for Lashana’s character to walk in. ‘It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman,’ a source told the Daily Mail. It’s also set to be a star-making role for Lashana, who’s already familiar to Marvel fans, and is no stranger to the big screen. Here’s what you need to know about the actress.
According to reports Lashana’s character is called Nomi – and she won’t be taking any nonsense from Bond. ‘Bond, of course, is sexually attracted to the new female 007 and tries his usual seduction tricks, but is baffled when they don’t work on a brilliant, young black woman who basically rolls her eyes at him and has no interest in jumping into his bed,’ a source told the Daily Mail. ‘Well, certainly not at the beginning.’
Thought it goes going to be Idris Elba in Quantum of Welfare, its all so tiring.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member

:ROFLMAO:

Ok, let's keep our collective knickers on. Hollyweird is up to its usual trick of generating publicity for an ailing franchise. They know that there'll be uproar if another dose of PC balderdash is administered to the atrophied vein of the Bond saga. Sufficient outrage will pique curiosity and that should send you scurrying to purchase the ticket (and perhaps the T shirt?).

Bond died when Connery left the franchise. Roger Moore's 007 was a hoot, but he bore practically no resemblance to the cruel, sardonic intelligence operative whom Connery so effortlessly portrayed.

Timothy Dalton - good actor, good looking guy, but he didn't exude any charisma. He put in two shifts as Bond and they were both flat performances.

Pierce Brosnan/Daniel Craig/George Lazenby - All very wooden: Lazenby an antique sedan, Brosnan a chesterfield and Craig a Victorian commode.

Here's how you do it:

A Voice

PI Member
007 was always ridiculous. Connery seemed OK because the standard in the genre was so low, and because 007 was novel for a while. It quickly became a self-parodic cliché fest while Connery was at the helm.

Peopling it with woke blacks will make it even more laughable. I kind of hope they do.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
007 was always ridiculous. Connery seemed OK because the standard in the genre was so low, and because 007 was novel for a while. It quickly became a self-parodic cliché fest while Connery was at the helm.

Peopling it with woke blacks will make it even more laughable. I kind of hope they do.
Yeah, Connery running around inside a mountain, shooting armed janitors whilst driving a golf cart isn't anything other than comedy gold. Bond, becomes effective propaganda because of its score - which is powerful.

The entire idea of Bond is propaganda to console the Brits after their demotion by America to a third rate power. I always have a little chuckle when the invincible & streetwise Bond tutors the 'Aw, chucks' Mary Sue CIA guy the way to go.

And, yeah, when Judi Dench informs Pierce Brosnan, that he's a "dinosaur" and a "male chauvinist pig", lol? That's when you know the ideology that has got its talons in. I mean that was only the mid nineties or something.

A Voice

PI Member
Yeah, Connery running around inside a mountain, shooting armed janitors whilst driving a golf cart isn't anything other than comedy gold. Bond, becomes effective propaganda because of its score - which is powerful.

The entire idea of Bond is propaganda to console the Brits after their demotion by America to a third rate power. I always have a little chuckle when the invincible & streetwise Bond tutors the 'Aw, chucks' Mary Sue CIA guy the way to go.

And, yeah, when Judi Dench informs Pierce Brosnan, that he's a "dinosaur" and a "male chauvinist pig", lol? That's when you know the ideology that has got its talons in. I mean that was only the mid nineties or something.
Exactly on all points.
Felix is such a ridiculous construction.
And the score is magnificent. McCartney even threw in one of his best ever ideas for the 1973 outing.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
IMO two Bond movies are outstanding pieces of cold war drama: Dr No and especially From Russia with Love. I'd also like to include the post credits scene from Octopussy involving an MI6 agent disguised as a clown (No, the soundtrack for this scene is not Entry of the Gladiators ) being stalked by two knife wielding psychos. My reason being that it is incredibly tense and does not rely on explosions, gadgets and the rest of that tiresome shyte that has ruined the Bond francise. Actually Octopussy should be one of the worst movies ever made, but curiously, it is somewhat like LALD in the sense that its extremely entertaining - an team of female ninja drug smugglers? Steven Berkoff's hamming it up as a maniacal Red army General, the Karl Faberge egg? Roger Moore impersonating Tarzan?? Roger Moore in clown regalia??? And a BD-5 micro jet evading a Cuban rapier missile - HUH? I thought the Cubans used Soviet SAMs? Absolute rubbish, but once the brain is switched off it's great fun.

The rest of the franchise is rubbish and whilst I disagree with poster A Voice about Connery I think it's fair to say that after FRWL, he breezed through each movie, phoning in his performances.