Angry white men seeing "primitive aggressions" in others that they refuse to see in themselves

Threads
Sinead may well be onto something;

CNN - Breaking News, Latest News and Videos

"... White men warn the public about vicious Central American gangs invading the United States, even though white men have committed more mass shootings than any other group. Some white men say "radical Islamic terrorists" represent the gravest threat to America, even though far-right violent extremist groups are responsible for more deadly incidents in America since 9/11. Some white men, such as white nationalists who rallied last year in Charlottesville, Virginia, say they are in danger of being replaced by nonwhites, even though they still make up the vast majority of the country's CEOs, billionaires and political leaders.

Psychologists have a name for this kind of pattern. It's called projection and happens when people or groups of people project hidden or repressed elements of themselves onto others. But if you're a member of a group that's been deemed "the other" by an angry white man, like Ijeoma Oluo is, this pattern is business as usual.

There is nothing more frightening to her than an angry white man, she writes in an essay that went viral called, "The Anger of the White Male Lie."

Oluo wrote that she constantly lives with the fear that the anger of white men can turn violent toward her and "countless other black people, brown people, disabled people, queer people, trans people, and women of every demographic."

"Oh, it's really everywhere," says Olou of this anger. "Every single day it becomes more of a problem.

"We have pipe bombs," she says. "We have shooting in synagogues. It's literally killing people... "

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
I love being white.
I know what you mean by that but I don't think the category "White" is useful. A lot of Iranians and Syriacs look often significantly Whiter than Greeks or Southern Italians for instance but the former don't belong to Western Civilization and the latter do. I would see ethnicity though as something very real that should not ever be ignored.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Sinead may well be onto something;

"
The absolute lack of self-awareness when posting this given that in their conflict with the indigenous Palestinians the Zionists have been massively more violent and yet the Zionists constantly day in and day out project their own blood lust and penchant for wholesale slaughter unto the indigenous population that they subjugate. Do you understand the messages that you are giving out to others on this forum here?

Threads
NO NO NO. It's not that we don't see it in ourselves. It's what we are and it's why all the other monkeys want a piece of the action. Remember the guiding influence... The Vikings.
White Man mind thyself, white woman do likewise. The other monkeys will wipe you out if you let them. Then they'll return to the trees.

Look at who is calling us collective names 'Neoliberals, Radical Militant Feminists, P&CS'. These are the folk who won[t let us speak (mods on P.ie,,,CNN ), in the belief that we can't, and don't need to speak for ourselves, they do that for us.

I love being White, Male, n European.

Last edited:
Top Bottom