American Culture- what’s going on?

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
I was looking for a place to post this video, and nowhere really made sense, so I figured I’d start a thread.

American culture is something that interests me a fair bit as I have a lot of ties to the place. I also think it’s a great influencer of western culture in general, which isn’t such a good thing these days.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a slanging match about how terrible the place is, more that it might me a place to analyze or talk about what’s happening.

Anyway, I came across this video after listening to a few interviews with Ben Shapiro, and wanted to post it. I just don’t know how this kind of thing has become acceptable, or in the case of America, encouraged and promoted. There are a lot of worrying developments in America, with the gender carry on, the safe spaces, trigger warnings, and god knows what else on college campuses.

But what they’re doing to their children seems to me a case for international intervention, and I don’t say that lightly.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I'd say from the end of WW1 to the 1970s, US popular culture was by far the most dynamic on earth. But it was starting to show very definite signs of decline by the 1960s and pretty much came to a full stop after the end of Bretton Woods in 1971 and the first oil shock in 1973. Ever since then, US culture has been simply cannibalizing the left overs of that extraordinary half century.

I have only so much tears to shed, and I will shed them for my ain wee Celtic countries and to a certain extent England. I cannot emotionally afford to be concerned about the USA outside of how it effects my kith and kin. I know this sounds brutal and in a way it is, however in my experience those who claim to love everyone love no one.

I was looking for a place to post this video, and nowhere really made sense, so I figured I’d start a thread.

American culture is something that interests me a fair bit as I have a lot of ties to the place. I also think it’s a great influencer of western culture in general, which isn’t such a good thing these days.

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into a slanging match about how terrible the place is, more that it might me a place to analyze or talk about what’s happening.

Anyway, I came across this video after listening to a few interviews with Ben Shapiro, and wanted to post it. I just don’t know how this kind of thing has become acceptable, or in the case of America, encouraged and promoted. There are a lot of worrying developments in America, with the gender carry on, the safe spaces, trigger warnings, and god knows what else on college campuses.

But what they’re doing to their children seems to me a case for international intervention, and I don’t say that lightly.

Modern mass media brings these extreme cases to the fore. It gives us an exaggerated impression of certain events/trends.

"The narrative fallacy addresses our limited ability to look at sequences of facts without weaving an explanation into them, or, equivalently, forcing a logical link, an arrow of relationship upon them. Explanations bind facts together. They make them all the more easily remembered; they help them make more sense. Where this propensity can go wrong is when it increases our impression of understanding."
—Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan

Think about it. On a planet of over 6 billion people, you can find more extreme examples than you can shake a stick at to justify any narrative. With the aid of a Google search, you can find whatever suits your agenda.

Last edited:
I might write something better on this later, but Shapiro actually got to the general root of the issue in the video.

The mother is a sick mess, and is fucking up the child because she's a sick mess. Its child abuse and she is fucked in the head. A severe public shaming will sort this crazy bitch out.
Their are no taboos or stigma attached to her being a sick mess, and society is not putting her in her place like it would have in older times Cucking stool - Wikipedia.

Worse she is finding validation and promotion online through virtual media. And of course the general media is probably also promoting this crazy cunt.

In a normal society she would not look like she does and there would be a father beside her, and the boy would be a boy. Progress has given us a pick and mix moral system. She FEELS its the right thing to do, and women like men need structure in their lives, otherwise they can end up like that crazy bitch.

I might write something better on this later, but Shapiro actually got to the general root of the issue in the video.

The mother is a sick mess, and is fucking up the child because she's a sick mess. Its child abuse and she is fucked in the head. A severe public shaming will sort this crazy bitch out.
Their are no taboos or stigma attached to her being a sick mess, and society is not putting her in her place like it would have in older times Cucking stool - Wikipedia.

Worse she is finding validation and promotion online through virtual media. And of course the general media is probably also promoting this crazy cunt.

In a normal society she would not look like she does and there would be a father beside her, and the boy would be a boy. Progress has given us a pick and mix moral system. She FEELS its the right thing to do, and women like men need structure in their lives, otherwise they can end up like that crazy bitch.
IMO, the undermining of freedom of speech and association are the main causes for concern.

Transexuals and other eccentrics are just outliers that occur in any distribution.

IMO, the undermining of freedom of speech and association are the main causes for concern.

Transexuals and other eccentrics are just outliers that occur in any distribution.
Im not sure what you mean, but as a general, I think if you undermine core concepts/norms that western civilisation spawned from, things will fall apart like we see now.
I dont think freedom of speech will do anything to stop this.

OP
OP
Ire-land

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Modern mass media brings these extreme cases to the fore. It gives us an exaggerated impression of certain events/trends.

"The narrative fallacy addresses our limited ability to look at sequences of facts without weaving an explanation into them, or, equivalently, forcing a logical link, an arrow of relationship upon them. Explanations bind facts together. They make them all the more easily remembered; they help them make more sense. Where this propensity can go wrong is when it increases our impression of understanding."
—Nassim Nicholas Taleb, The Black Swan

Think about. On a planet of over 6 billion people, you can find more extreme examples than you can shake a stick at to justify any narrative. With the aid of a Google search, you can find whatever suits your agenda.
Yeah, that’s all pretty basic stuff tbf. I figured the op might explain that this thread would be trying to avoid agendas.

Tragically, this particular case is no outlier, there’s a considerable push in America to give young children the right to choose their gender, give them hormone treatments, provide bathrooms in schools for transgendered children, etc. California has even passed a law to make it illegal to 'mispronoun' people, that comes with fines, and up to a year in jail. Similar laws are being passed in Canada too, interestingly enough.

I suppose adults can choose to do whatever they want, regardless of how unhealthy it might be, but when it becomes socially and legally acceptable to do these sorts of things to children, that's a whole different matter.

OP
OP
Ire-land

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account

I think Shapiro is spot on too. The sexualisation of the child, that's inevitably linked with getting them to choose their gender at such a young age, is one of the worst aspects of these cases. But this one is particularly disturbing, I think.

Yeah, that’s all pretty basic stuff tbf. I figured the op might explain that this thread would be trying to avoid agendas.

Tragically, this particular case is no outlier, there’s a considerable push in America to give young children the right to choose their gender, give them hormone treatments, provide bathrooms in schools for transgendered children, etc. California has even passed a law to make it illegal to 'mispronoun' people, that comes with fines, and up to a year in jail. Similar laws are being passed in Canada too, interestingly enough.

I suppose adults can choose to do whatever they want, regardless of how unhealthy it might be, but when it becomes socially and legally acceptable to do these sorts of things to children, that's a whole different matter.
I agree.

Im not sure what you mean, but as a general, I think if you undermine core concepts/norms that western civilisation spawned from, things will fall apart like we see now.
I dont think freedom of speech will do anything to stop this.
I think these "culture wars" are fought on the fringes of society.
Most people just go on as normal, but modern media makes all of this seem more all encompassing than it actually is.

Top Bottom