Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

All Time Classic THE EXORCIST III Horror Channel 21:00 Tonight Wednesday 13th Jan 2021

Dublin 4

PI Member

THE EXORCIST III

Horror sequel with George C. Scott.

Lieutenant Kinderman's investigation into a series of ritualistic murders leads him to a psychiatric ward where he meets someone eerily familiar.​

Release dateAugust 17, 1990
Running time110 minutes

The Exorcist III

AND

10.00 PM

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
Always loved this film, never understood why it was disliked at the time. Seems to have gone through a reappraisal over the years though and is now regarded as the great film it is.

Nearly crapped myself the first time I saw ... That scene!!

OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

PI Member
+1 in 40 Mins :D

Karloff

PI Member
I have some contempt for the genre (exorcisms) because i believe it has been used to debase Catholicism and many of the films (especially the newer ones) are the trashiest, lowest quality crap you can find in horror's bottom drawer.

Exorcist III had a lot of different things going on, discussion of elder care, the protagonist's relationship with his familly and so on - like the very first one.

Storybud2

PI Member
After 15 Seasons, Supernatural finally ended this week ? Been watching it from the start, it was with me from the beginning of streaming shows
and getting away from the crap TV,,, I will really miss it as it was probably the only show left from those early days, , they even had a Scooby Doo episode,,
great series finale ending ,

TheWexfordInn

PI Member
Its quite slow starting thought isn't it?

I recorded it last night and have been watching it this morning and its taken nearly 90 minutes to get to the first really spooky bit.

I'm pausing it for the moment and plan to come back to watch the rest later in the day and am hoping that it will be 45 minutes of sheer terror !!

OP
Dublin 4

Dublin 4

PI Member
Its quite slow starting thought isn't it?

I recorded it last night and have been watching it this morning and its taken nearly 90 minutes to get to the first really spooky bit.

I'm pausing it for the moment and plan to come back to watch the rest later in the day and am hoping that it will be 45 minutes of sheer terror !!
I fell asleep, woke up at 0035 banjoed - the Cental Heating was too high & I just keeled over :(

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
But for this thread, I wouldn't have known it was on. Thanks D4!

Thoughts:

The lovely Viveca Lindfors appears in it briefly. One of her last movies.

A very good cast and not a bad movie, but there was a bit too much "padding" for me. The director could have shaved 20 minutes from it and it would have been tighter and more suspenseful. There was one moment when I nearly sh1t myself (the scene involving the blond night nurse and the oversized scissors). Otherwise it was a repeat of the first movie and therefore fairly predictable and a little bit exploitative.

Incidentally, I always thought that the first hour of the first movie was very scary, particularly the scenes at the start in Iraq. The battle for Regan's soul was at times, unintentionally comical IMO(sorry Exorcist fans!)

The second one was pilloried by the critics. It contains some laughable overacting from Richard Burton and Linda Blair, but it's actually a good film, albeit experimental.

Top Bottom