Adams apologizes over 1983 tragedy - Time for An Amnesty

eval smith

Political Irish
Until SF rid themselves of people like Adams they will always be a sick joke and a stain on this country.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
Yes I agree there should be an amnesty. Its unjust for the victims and their relatives but its in the general interest of everyone.
But this amnesty must be for everyone, there can't be an amnesty for parties on one side but not the other.

If there was an amnesty the regime gang wouldn't be able to weaponise this issue against the provo gang. They'd be crestfallen. They'd have to find some other issue to posture and prance about. Maybe some hypothetical future regime of unknown composition will do it. Heck, a future Mary Lou regime might do it.

I genuinely hope you are right, but 'I have heard of terrible things going on in our Police Stations' too, and 'it has reduced me to a state bordering on sickness', and I think you are making the same mistake as myself, in assuming that the establishment want permanent peace.

It's impossible to put a rope around the neck of an idea, and that in my opinion, is why the situation and the future is so bleak. I don't believe that the intransigence of Republicanism has led to that situation, but rather the policy pursued by the British State, enabled by the west Brit political class in the South. I don't think people like Mary Lou McDonald and SF are responsible for that, but I can only judge the merit of the proposition that a SF government would change things, on the strength of what they have done over the course of the past 18 years, and very few SF representatives have spoken out against Internment-by-Remand. The abuse of police powers has extended beyond targeting the various Republican organisations and members of the nationalist community, and the latest tactic has been to escalate the campaign by targeting children coming and going to school.

I don't actually support SF, but I don't think it's gentlemen's behavior to target people who have clearly demonstrated unconditional support for peace, and love him or loath him, Adams falls into that bracket.
I can't abide Adams. But all this Stack business is power political wrangling from the establishment. They're weaponising Stack and this not simply from the talking heads in Leinster House but the O'Brien media apparatus as well. I don't see any responsible forces on the horizon. The best of an abysmal lot are PSF and FF. And if there was ever a case of damning with faint raise in the history of mankind, that is it.

Top Bottom