• Welcome to Political Irish.

Why not open a free account and view the site without Adverts.

Please note, for first registration you must not use a VPN, VPN registrations will be refused entry.

Click Here to sign up!

Grand Torino About Grand Torino

Rasherhash

PI Member
Oct 30, 2015
I agree, I found GT through his interview with John Waters and it was refreshing at the time. But those 2 repeat guests you mention are useless. He has another terrible one who's in the live chat that comes on at the end sometimes (mad hair one).

Dave Cullen is very popular, I see American YouTubers mentioning him, but I don't see it myself. Whenever I listen it's a moanfest about how the 'normies' will never wake up and they're sleepwalking into the gulags.
I think in the beginning it was a revelation, the idea that ordinary folk could speak out and didn't need the elitists to broadcast their populist ideas. Now I think the early promise has failed to develop into anything solid; a diffusion of political parties who seem to hate each other more than the elitists, a few hit-and-miss youtube or alternative channels and one or two personalities who are mainly targets for the msm to attack and have yet to show any ability to effectively combat the establishment.

It's interesting that neither Gemma nor Dee Wall have been smothered by lawfare yet, but I imagine it's on the way. They'll lose their houses or whatever else the lawyers can get their filthy mits on and that'll be that.

El Chaval.

PI Member
Oct 31, 2015
keep him

a traitor to Ireland
Rowan Croft In it for the money

There's a guy currently doing 30 years in jail in England for conspiracy to bomb. A dissident Republican.
He's ex B.A too.
Is he a traitor too?

Conall Gulban

PI Member
Nov 26, 2018
One of the problems I notice with the Irish Anti Establishment/Patriot/whateveryou'rehavingyourself scene (and I'm as guilty as the next person) is its all very negative coupled with a certain amount of anti intellectualism.

When you look at the American dissident scene it's so full of vigour, vitality, youthful energy, positivity, humour and intellect.
All of the aforementioned is very attractive to the youth and thus a lot of the youth flock to it.
They promote good health both of body and mind, honing your intellect, reading books, outdoor activities etc and stand in sharp contrast to the physical ugly, intellectually bankrupt and physically weak neurotics that make up the Antifa/Progressive left types.

In saying that, being Yanks and somewhat lacking in a genuine 'culture' means they're free to latch on to any type of cultural and historical strands they like such as Ancient Greeks, European paganism, Catholicism the Orthodox Church and any type of Philosophical movements.

Keith Woods is the exception to the rule here but even he has a certain amount of typically Irish negativity and a kind of snideness and tendency toward mockery about him.

We in Ireland for example are burdened with the negative associations people have with Catholicism so its very difficult to promote Catholicism in terms of vitality and positivity whereas Americans are to a large degree unburdened by this, so you see something like the burgeoning 'Tradcath' movement amongst the youth there and this I believe would be very difficult to achieve over here.

Another major problem I think we have here in Ireland is that the gatekeepers of our history and culture, the Professors and academics of History, mythology, archaeology etc are hopelessly woke, feminists, progressives, Pseudo Marxists, hyper materialists and they are essentially destroying the essence of our nationhood and our culture, they're consumed with ethnic self loathing and are completely devoid of romanticism, mysticism etc
The Americans are free to lose themselves in romanticism and mysticism which again promotes vitality whereas in Ireland it's an embarrassment to consider ourselves and our culture in a romantic and especially mystical sense.

The Irish also (as we all know) have a tendency to 'talk bad about each other' and we see it here on PI all the time with people dissing Gemma, The National Party, Grand Torino, Dave Cullen etc and this is ultimately very self defeating combined with the fact that we always fight amongst ourselves.

Last edited:

Done For

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 14, 2020
I get Dave's frustration about normies, but watching his streams just leave you deflated. I don't know the one with the mad hair, does she have a limerick country accent?
Could be her. She spoke at the end of one of the Leinster House protests as well, it was just noise.

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
Nov 6, 2020

Done For

PI Member
PI Member
Jan 14, 2020
I think in the beginning it was a revelation, the idea that ordinary folk could speak out and didn't need the elitists to broadcast their populist ideas. Now I think the early promise has failed to develop into anything solid; a diffusion of political parties who seem to hate each other more than the elitists, a few hit-and-miss youtube or alternative channels and one or two personalities who are mainly targets for the msm to attack and have yet to show any ability to effectively combat the establishment.

It's interesting that neither Gemma nor Dee Wall have been smothered by lawfare yet, but I imagine it's on the way. They'll lose their houses or whatever else the lawyers can get their filthy mits on and that'll be that

It's interesting that neither Gemma nor Dee Wall have been smothered by lawfare yet, but I imagine it's on the way. They'll lose their houses or whatever else the lawyers can get their filthy mits on and that'll be that.
Your first paragraph sums it up well. I was so relieved when I found the Irish Patriot's stream. It was like a raft of common sense in a sea of madness. But I can't listen to his streams anymore either.

Maybe the topic (Irish Nationalism) doesn't suit the forum of livestreams, it gets too repetitive. Maybe a more general Irish news stream with a nationalist bent could sustain interest. At one stage GT was doing 2 shows a day, what was there to talk about at that frequency!

I still admire these guys' bravery to put their head above the parapet but I don't know how sustainable talking about US politics, 5G, and the New World Order is going to be for them. I think they'd be better off covering Irish news with a nationalist bias. That's why I read this forum.

Feb 13, 2021
Good ol' Rowan. Like Herman Kelly, Rowan and I have been friends on facebook for several years now, although I might have un-friended him. I can't remember for certain. Anyhow, Rowan has a lot in common with the folks at RTE, The Irish Times and each and every media outlet across the length and breadth of Ireland (not to mention Gemma O'Doherty), which is that Rowan's never mentioned me, nor supported my right of return.

Hitsticle

PI Member
Feb 2, 2020
The guy is unemployed and uses weed daily, smokes and drinks a lot. A role model! You need to get your facts right mate.
The guy does a very early and late broadcast everyday. Always seems coherent. I suppose it would depend on what your definition of 'a lot' is. Seems in decent shape as well. He doesn't really show any signs of overindulgence. i believe he said his early broadcasts were intended to encourage listeners to get out of bed early and interact and stick to a decent routine during the lockdown. Nothing wrong with that.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
Nov 6, 2015
You're paraphrasing a Southern Democrat from the segregationist Solid South there.

You're no Tom Barry either. Would Tom Barry be for open borders, LGBTQ and aborting future generations of the native Irish?
there
You're paraphrasing a Southern Democrat from the segregationist Solid South there.

You're no Tom Barry either. Would Tom Barry be for open borders, LGBTQ and aborting future generations of the native Irish?
a republican will have no problem with open borders or people from the LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 communities

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
Jun 9, 2016
there

a republican will have no problem with open borders or people from the LGBTQ 🏳️‍🌈 communities
Not an Irish Republican born in 1897. He would think you were freaks. He wouldn't want to be flying an international rainbow flag used by British cultural imperialists either.

Certainly not devout Catholic Sean South. And why would a Irish Patriot want the Irish to become an ethnic minority in their own country?

Hitsticle

PI Member
Feb 2, 2020
Not an Irish Republican born in 1897. He would think you were freaks. He wouldn't want to be flying an international rainbow flag used by British cultural imperialists either.

Certainly not devout Catholic Sean South. And why would a Irish Patriot want the Irish to become an ethnic minority in their own country?
The last time I heard that song was the day after a wedding Sept 2019. We all gathered to 'cure' the effects of the night before. Anyone who could play an instrument brought it with them. A good night. Thanks for the memory.

bAd

PI Member
Feb 5, 2020
Agree.

There's definitely quantity over quality. Long streams with so much fluff. Should do more succinct 2 or 3 minute videos which can be shared.

The fixation on America is boring and misguided also.
His livestreams are a bit too long and drawn-out for my liking but however misguided his fixation on America may be.. to my mind that might best be reguided to a more focused and outspoken form.

What does he stand for?! I still don't really know.