• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

7 April: 1973 - John Charles McQuaid, the old Archbishop of Dublin, died on this day

OP
Catalpa

Catalpa

PI Member
Sep 4, 2018
We don 't know what Collins would have done, we can guess but the new free state government handed control of the state over to the Catholic Church in health, education and ideology. They should not have done that but had they not they might not get elected. The people were religion mad. So with the people not caring, the state not caring it was over to the Church to care because they were claiming love of Christ. They were top dog and should
realised they would not get away with abusing their power. They did a very good job at standing against communism, I will give them that. But they failed
to live up to their Christian message, They were in the punishment business. No one, No one tells me what to think or what to do.

The Church was already in Control

- the State didn't have to hand over anything....

Because the Church was already a State within a State under the Old Regime.

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
When I was being raped in the Sacristy of East Meath Church ,The Priest kept saying that he was making me a child of god. I could hardly walk for couple of days . It was my second rape , first one was when i was about six. Boy rape has been going on in all religions.
Can I offer you my sincere sympathy. It never happened me because I would fight back an d injure or kill them then or later. I would fight back with whatever weapon I could find and would go for to put his eye out and if that did not stop it the other eye would come out.
It makes me mad to hear this on this forum and that is a great thing about the present era. Your post is the most profound I ever read on these threads. Fair play to you.

I knew one lady who committed suicide about 2010. I knew her and her parents now dead. Father Brendan Smyth used to put her a an arm chair
facing a crucifix on the mantle peace in front of her. She was about 9 years old and it went on for a few years. She told me she remembered
thinking she was looking at the crucified Jesus and she was being raped. She told me that herself. My children are puzzled that I am not against the church.

It was not a church, it was a regime and McQuade was a major part of it.

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
The Church was already in Control

- the State didn't have to hand over anything....

Because the Church was already a State within a State under the Old Regime.
I believe Collins would have limited their power and I believe it could have been done.

Tuco Salamanca

PI Member
Aug 7, 2020
You are stark raving mad. Archbishop McQuaid's mother died shortly after giving birth to him. How dare you insult Irish mothers?
As regards someone stuttering in Irish: I don't believe you. I believe you were simply too thick to learn.
As regards your claims to be "a supporter of a Christian independent church in Ireland", that simply means you are an uneducated heretic. Far too many of your type around now. As far as I am concerned, concentration camps would be too good for ye.

But a padded cell would be just about right for you.

Tuco Salamanca

PI Member
Aug 7, 2020
Archbishop McQuaid died on 7 April 1973. Mary Boyle went missing on 18 March 1977, almost four years later. Where were you that day? Have you an alibi? Have the gardai questioned you yet?
Archbishop McQuaid also (stupidly) had the Jewish People, the Anglicans and the Methodists in the 1937 Constitution, which should have never been amended to downgrade God's own church.

McQuaid was a vile piece of excrement.

OP
Catalpa

Catalpa

PI Member
Sep 4, 2018
Can I offer you my sincere sympathy. It never happened me because I would fight back an d injure or kill them then or later. I would fight back with whatever weapon I could find and would go for to put his eye out and if that did not stop it the other eye would come out.
It makes me mad to hear this on this forum and that is a great thing about the present era. Your post is the most profound I ever read on these threads. Fair play to you.

I knew one lady who committed suicide about 2010. I knew her and her parents now dead. Father Brendan Smyth used to put her a an arm chair
facing a crucifix on the mantle peace in front of her. She was about 9 years old and it went on for a few years. She told me she remembered
thinking she was looking at the crucified Jesus and she was being raped. She told me that herself. My children are puzzled that I am not against the church.

It was not a church, it was a regime and McQuade was a major part of it.

Why would she be telling you this?

Most victims never want to speak about it.

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
No Val not you

- your just a crazy old man

- but you speak from the heart...:cool:
Let us analyse what the term a crazy old man means?

1) I never feared any one of any group.

2) If threatened I will defend myself in the most appropriate way.

3) I was in danger as a youth and had I been so unlucky for my parents to die young I would have been entrusted to these creeps.

4) Had I been born to an unmarried mother she would have been kidnapped and I would have been imprisoned at the mercy
of these creeps.

5) I make up my own mind based of the facts I observe and act accordingly.

6) If I am inn Dublin and I see every single person there jump into the Liffey, I won't do it.

7) I was beaten at national school by the master until I was 14 when I invited him to fight and see who would win he backed off.

8) At boarding school I saw a priest take a stick to boy in my class and I walked out the next day. I has a catapult and when I pointed it at the man who tried to take me back, he backed off. He was sent by the priest to to make me go back and I in tended to take his eye out. I was 13 years old.

9) I never changed and still do good work fighting oppression by the Irish state, solicitors and other misfits.

You can call me crazy, I don 't care. I enjoy every minute of it. I will not let anyone praise the Irish senior clergy, they need the truth told about them.

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
But a padded cell would be just about right for you.
McQuaid was a vile piece of excrement.

Do you just make pronouncements? Are you incapable of giving any substance to your posts? Have you a poo fetish to go with Val's pee fetish?
I hope you are let nowhere near children.

There are three levels of posts
a. Facts: I give facts.
b. Circumstances: Provo type whataboutery
c. Name calling: Your type., No substance. The preserve of those with sick fetishes.

Myles O'Reilly

PI Member
PI Member
Feb 3, 2017
When I was being raped in the Sacristy of East Meath Church ,The Priest kept saying that he was making me a child of god. I could hardly walk for couple of days . It was my second rape , first one was when i was about six. Boy rape has been going on in all religions.

Mowl go and get help.

valamhic

PI Member
Jan 25, 2019
Catilpa, you answer this poster. It was your men who did it after all and I am the one to be blamed. ME

Max the Axe

PI Member
Feb 19, 2021
4) Had I been born to an unmarried mother she would have been kidnapped and I would have been imprisoned at the mercy of these creeps. Richard Boyd Barrett

7) I was beaten at national school by the master until I was 14 when I invited him to fight and see who would win he backed off. Juvenile Delinquent

8) At boarding school I saw a priest take a stick to boy in my class and I walked out the next day. I has a catapult and when I pointed it at the man who tried to take me back, he backed off. He was sent by the priest to to make me go back and I in tended to take his eye out. I was 13 years old. Juvenile Delinquent

I will not let anyone praise the Irish senior clergy, they need the truth told about them. You are not in a position to criticise them. You are not their equals, even though you had a silver spooned upbringing

Top Bottom