5,000 passengers a day are arriving into Ireland's airports

• Admin
OP
Political Irish

Political Irish

PI Member
NEARLY 5,000 PEOPLE a day have flown into Ireland during July so far, with passengers from the UK representing the highest number of people coming into the country.

Dublin Airport, Cork Airport and Shannon Airport have recorded a total of 98,946 passengers arriving into Ireland by air travel between 29 June and 19 July, giving a daily average of 4,700 arrivals across the three airports over the three week period.

The number of arrivals into Ireland has increased steadily week-on-week at each airport since passenger flights resumed at the start of the month.

Passengers from the UK represent over two-thirds of arrivals into Dublin Airport, with over 26,000 people travelling from the UK to Dublin by air in July.

3,700 passengers from the UK travelled through Cork Airport, while 1,900 entered through Shannon Airport.

The figures include both Irish residents and foreign residents arriving into Ireland.

The figures do not include transfer passengers who arrive in Ireland as a stopover before travelling onwards to a final destination.

bAd

PI Member
Our diaspora should return. Many would probably need to be Internet entrepreneurs though.

TW Tone

PI Member
Our diaspora should return. Many would probably need to be Internet entrepreneurs though.
Well, you'll be happy to know that I flew in a few days ago.
I'm not an internet entrepreneur, but I do use products sold by such people--Word, Twitter etc.
Will that be enough?

Was surprised by not being stopped and asked to account for my movements. Plus the form I filled in was poorly drafted.
I suspect they are collected and shredded every few days. They are fatuous.

bAd

PI Member
Well, you'll be happy to know that I flew in a few days ago.
I'm not an internet entrepreneur, but I do use products sold by such people--Word, Twitter etc.
Will that be enough?

Was surprised by not being stopped and asked to account for my movements. Plus the form I filled in was poorly drafted.
I suspect they are collected and shredded every few days. They are fatuous.
Good stuff, I hope many more will follow you home and either find a good job (unfortunately doubtful) or have the wherewithal to run their own enterprise.

I'm not sure it's still in place but there was a policy that restricted people from taking the risk of becoming self employed. It meant that if their business failed they were cut off from getting any benefits for three years.

It's almost as if we're actively being discouraged from becoming financially independent.

TW Tone

PI Member
Good stuff, I hope many more will follow you home and either find a good job (unfortunately doubtful) or have the wherewithal to run their own enterprise.

I'm not sure it's still in place but there was a policy that restricted people from taking the risk of becoming self employed. It meant that if their business failed they were cut off from getting any benefits for three years.

It's almost as if we're actively being discouraged from becoming financially independent.

Fraid I am not a true returned emigre'.
I come and go several times a year.
There is a time approaching when I will just go.

bAd

PI Member
Fraid I am not a true returned emigre'.
I come and go several times a year.
There is a time approaching when I will just go.
Let's face it, things are looking drastic. Imagine if the worst came to the worst and the people who are not ashamed to be Irish all took off to same place. At least we wouldn't have to watch the descent, or listen to the Dolly Parton fans that caused it anymore.

(pardon me Dolly, for I knew not what I did)

Top Bottom