3.4% increase on Electric Ireland bills from October

• Admin
OP
Rick

Rick

Administrator

Electric Ireland has said that due to recent costs hitting the broader electricity system and market it will increase its average residential electricity bill by 3.4% from October 1.

It said this will equate to an increase of €2.88 a month on the average residential electricity bill.

But Electric Ireland said it is freezing gas prices this winter to help residential gas customers during the higher usage months.

In April, Electric Ireland had reduced energy bills for both its gas and electricity customers by about €100 a year because fuel costs were falling at that time.

But it said today that unfortunately, due to other electricity system and market costs outside of its control, it now has to increase its electricity prices in October.

Electric Ireland also said it continues to offer a 5% discount to customers experiencing financial hardship through industry pre-payment meters and through the Household Budget Scheme.

IrishJohn

PI Member
The oil price is the cheapest its been in years if anything the cost of electricity should be going down not up.

We are being scammed again.

GodsDog

PI Member
The oil price is the cheapest its been in years if anything the cost of electricity should be going down not up.

We are being scammed again.
Our electricity comes mostly from natural gas I think. But yes it's never been cheaper.
Competition and market forces my arse. Electricity is a natural state monopoly.
It should be distributed at cost by the state.

I remember not too long ago My bill still cost over 50e in standing charges
when I used no electricity at all for 2 months. Zero units.

Rather ironically in with my bill I got an expensive leaflet about saving electricity and being "greener"
Then I noticed that there was "a surcharge for low use". Talk about two faced bullshit! :mad:

RIP OFF IRELAND.

No regulation worth talking about. Same as the banks.

And the price at the pumps is still what it was when oil was 150 dollars a barrel.
- it's now around 35 dollars a barrel! :rolleyes:

page61

PI Member
Our electricity comes mostly from natural gas I think. But yes it's never been cheaper.

Rather ironically in with my bill I got an expensive leaflet about saving electricity and being "greener"
Then I noticed that there was "a surcharge for low use". Talk about two faced bullshit! :mad:

RIP OFF IRELAND.

And the price at the pumps is still what it was when oil was 150 dollars a barrel.

A surcharge for lower use.. How much was it

GodsDog

PI Member
A surcharge for lower use.. How much was it

it's not that much but it's still totally hypocritical considering how "green" it is to use no electricity!!

And also how they are always crowing in their expensive leaflets the put in your bill
about "ways to use less electricity and be greener" etc

You can't win.

IrishJohn

PI Member

RIP OFF IRELAND.

Before they brought in 'competition' we were one of the cheapest countries in the EU for electricity but now we are one of the most expensive.

You can't have internal 'competition' in a country for electricity prices when the price is all based on international energy prices which we have no control over.

Top Bottom